Steps on layering tint

So here is my plan, I am going to tint my front dr windows 35%. I am going to use my vinyl plotter and cut out my bus. logo. How do I go about installing it to my truck. I am goign to get reflective silver tint for my logo.

After I cut my logo into the tint, and weed the rest out, then what!!!!!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

post-22360-1214793189.jpg

Guest davidbourg
So here is my plan, I am going to tint my front dr windows 35%. I am going to use my vinyl plotter and cut out my bus. logo. How do I go about installing it to my truck. I am goign to get reflective silver tint for my logo.

After I cut my logo into the tint, and weed the rest out, then what!!!!!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Lots of ways to do it but I guess what I do is put it on the glass get most or all water out and then apply the top coat film apply heat to the outside to help dry !!!!! :confuse:beer:beer

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

On my plotter I premask the clear liner of the tint, and put it in my cutter film side up. Lower my pressure and cut just like vinyl. Then I weed it, and premask the film side, peel the clear side and spray the design and apply. It's easier for me to install as one piece because the tape holds the design together in one piece. I allow mine to dry completely before trying to remove the masking tape.

Also before cutting make sure you mirror your image so it will be the right way on the window.

Guest davidbourg
On my plotter I premask the clear liner of the tint, and put it in my cutter film side up. Lower my pressure and cut just like vinyl. Then I weed it, and premask the film side, peel the clear side and spray the design and apply. It's easier for me to install as one piece because the tape holds the design together in one piece. I allow mine to dry completely before trying to remove the masking tape.

Also before cutting make sure you mirror your image so it will be the right way on the window.

I really need a plotter if you can cut graphics out on it!!! :confuse

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

that's the way I learned how to do it. It holds the film together and keeps the tint from wrinkling up. I don't know if my machine would work right if I didn't mask it first, but that's the way I've been doing it all along.

Archived