Sounds too good to be true.....

A recent copy of FIRST fro Women magazine had an article which brought up an issue dealing with window film. A reader wrote in this question:

My living room seems to get all the afternnon sunlight, making the space unbearably hot - and my favorite gauzy sheers do very little to combat the heat. I did see UV-blocking curtains at my local home-funishings store, but they were so expensive and heavy looking. Is there another option??

The response was:

Even on a relatively cool day, direct sunlight can make you feel as if your room is in the middle of the desert - no matter if the curtains are closed. That's because most fabrics aren't treated to combat the suns heat and UV rays. And if they are treated, you're sure to pay at least $100 per window treatment. But I've found a cool (no pun intended) product that's specifically designed to block up to 99% of the UV rays and up to 70% of the suns heat: GILA 3' x 15' Heat Contrl Window Film ($30 per roll, from LOWES.com) adheres directly to the windowpane with a squeegee and non-damaging adhesive(included). Once installed, it's virtually undetectable, reserving your view. Plus, the film's UV protection prevents your furniture and textiles from fading.

The trnsparent heat-control window film is made from polyethylene a polemer resinthat is lightweight yet acts as an effective insulator. Because it blocks heat, your room will feel much cooler - without using additional power. In fact, you can enjoy savings of up to 20% on your home energy bills. And, although you can easily detach the film after the temperature drops, you might want to leave it on - in cooler weather, it can retain up to 55% of your homes heat.

Some very funny stuff. Easily detaches??? Retains 55% of the heat in colder months??? Must not be too strong of an adhesive. And pretty good to retain 55% of the heat in winter.........More for the uninformed consumer to think about............... :bling

Guest metro jim

block up to 99% of the UV rays and up to 70% of the suns heat

MUST BE A 20% SILVER FILM RIGHT?

adheres directly to the windowpane with a squeegee and non-damaging adhesive(included).

NOT A CLING ON RIGHT?

the film's UV protection prevents your furniture and textiles from fading.

MUST BE THE BEST PRODUCT OUT THERE YET BECAUSE IF PREVENT FADING NOT JUST REDUCING IT

Once installed, it's virtually undetectable, reserving your view

IT MUST BE A 50% NUETRAL FILM ALSO

The trnsparent heat-control window film is made from polyethylene a polemer resinthat is lightweight yet acts as an effective insulator.

THE ONLY TRUE INSULATING POLYESTER FILMS MADE WERE DISCONTIUED A FEW YEARS AGE BECAUSE IT DIDN'T LAST A "LIFETIME"

Because it blocks heat, your room will feel much cooler - without using additional power. In fact, you can enjoy savings of up to 20% on your home energy bills.

20% ENERGY SAVINGS, IT MUST BE A SILVER FILM AGAIN OR REALLY REALLY DARK

And, although you can easily detach the film after the temperature drops

ITS A CLING ON TOO?

in cooler weather, it can retain up to 55% of your homes heat.

OH ITS A SHRINK WRAP, CLING ON, WITH AN ADHESIVE, A VERY DARK AND MIRRORY SILVER FILM, THAT COMPLETELY STOPS ALL THE SUNLIGHT WHILE BEING VIRTUALY CLEAR BY ALLOWING IN THE DAYLIGHT

I BET THIS FILM IS MADE BY THE GUY WHO MADE THE BULLET PROOF FILM..........MAN IS HE SMART

Archived