short video of 2 heatgun shrink

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am beyond frustrated wit hthis comp...I've never burned a video ..only music B4 ..comp doesn't want to co-operate..this video isnt going anywhere till I get someone over here that knows these things better than me ..wasted an hr F&*#$ 'in around with this thing.:hug:lol:thumb:lol6

I am beyond frustrated wit hthis comp...I've never burned a video ..only music B4 ..comp doesn't want to co-operate..this video isnt going anywhere till I get someone over here that knows these things better than me  ..wasted an hr F&*#$ 'in around with this thing.:thumb  :lol6  :hug  :lol

:lol Welcome to my world. My modem screwed up the other nite, I turned it off, then on, unplugged, plugged back in...Nothing. Unplugged it again, hit it a few times real hard, and now it works perfectly. :lol

I sent a 30 minute video to a friend of mine the other day...It would not go by email at all because of the size but I was able to send it as a file transfer through the msn messenger to her. :thumb When I do videos/music on disc I use Sony extreme software. It has an option on it for specifically making video discs.

TW, if the 3m guy gives you the IP address, and a password, you can do FTP easily. all you do is type FTP://(insert address here) then you're looking at a 'list of folders on the computer you're connected to' so you browse your machine and just drag and drop it to a folder on the server and then it's sent :rollin (you can call me for instructions if you want) my dad and I do ftp for software and lots of pictures of grandkids, etc. that way. hope this helps. p.s. what type of internet connection do you have? DSL, cable internet? or dial up?? if you have dial up, burn a CD as a data disc and send 'snail mail' if its the others you may have luck. :lol6 give me a call if you need some help. :rollin:nope

Ok Zro..You'll be my online teacher for this :rollin I have dial up ..I think the one problem is thatIt's a Kodak program and it only allows me to veiw it through that program. Yes I'm on dial up. That Program doesn't give me the option of saving it on hard drive...only saves it in the Kodak program. It gives me the option of sending it through Email...which for pics works great..but this file is too big..so the easiest thing would be to insert this FTP where address selection is?

if it saves it 'in' the kodak program, its on your hard drive. what you do, is get the FTP address, and a password from the 3M guy. second you need to go to the start menu and 'find' type the name of the file you view as the kodak program titles it (hope that makes sense) remember where that file is, try to move it to the desktop if you can for easier 'finding' of it. then log onto the internet through your dial-up. open up internet explorer (if its not open already) and type 'FTP://(insert address here)' it's gonna be a series of numbers and dots I.e."95.95.95.95" where the 95 is the numbers the 3M guy sends you. after you click enter it will ask you for a password, or something of that nature. ask the 3M guy where EXACTLY he would like you to save the file. then just open the folder (on the FTP site) where he wants it saved. Then go back to your desktop (or wherever the file is that youre gonna share) right click on it, and select "copy" then go back to the FTP and right click on appropriate folder and select "save" then go take a nap :spit it'll probably take a while to upload, maybe less time if you don't do anything else on the internet while it's uploading. I hope this gets you started. or at least done, I wanna see the vid. :spit

K thanx for the help Zro..I'll try this out on the weekend..I'll PM 3M guy for address...this video isn't that big a deal..just shows that it's easy to handle 2 heatguns at once and it only takes about 2-2.5 min to dry shrink .But If I can get this to work..I'll do a video of the 20sec. back window dry shrinkI promised earlier with the colman heater : :spit

Archived