Installing Security in a commercial IG unit glass

Hi buddies!

Just wondering if it is worth to install security film in a IG unit in a commercial place to slow thieves?

I have a cust who wants to save some money and was thinking to half install security on his glass. I Tell him it will break, but the guy reply that the thief can not climb over security install that will probably left over ( not sure)

So my questions are: with a 4mm

In an IG unit is it worth to install it?

inside or outside?

Is anything attachment might change something?

thanks

Just my personal opinion, but if you don't even know 4mil or 4mm, and that 4mil is just a safety film and NOT a security film, your chances of getting a good install on anything thicker than 4mil are very slim.

that is funny :dunno thanks

if you are doing it for anti-intrusion then you should go 8mil. Not saying you are not capable but you should sub it out to someone that knows how to install it, my first time installing 8mil was embarasing(sp). No amount of reading will tell you how to install it, experience is the best way, sub it to someone and go with them and help to see how it is installed. And yes it is worth it, you get better protection with an attachment and best to install the door past the stops to the edge of the glass and put some dow995 in there. Thiefs almost always go for the door cause it is tempered and one hit and the glass breaks and falls out and u are in the place in about 5 seconds if not less.

if you are doing it for anti-intrusion then you should go 8mil. Not saying you are not capable but you should sub it out to someone that knows how to install it, my first time installing 8mil was embarasing(sp). No amount of reading will tell you how to install it, experience is the best way, sub it to someone and go with them and help to see how it is installed. And yes it is worth it, you get better protection with an attachment and best to install the door past the stops to the edge of the glass and put some dow995 in there. Thiefs almost always go for the door cause it is tempered and one hit and the glass breaks and falls out and u are in the place in about 5 seconds if not less.

I will follow your advice

regards

When I owned a Pizzeria, I got broke into, just had mmm tint, but it made it easy for the bad guys. the broke through the door, nice and quiet(tint held glass together) then broke the glass around the frame and pushed the door glass aside like a curtain was in and out fast, glass break sensor did not even go off. My point being if he wants it to slow down, it wont unless you attach it

We slowed a druggie down with 4 mil that was wet glazed on a pharmacy. He kept hacking but didn't know the silent alarm went off with the glass break. The cops told the pharmacist the dude was responsible for thefts in the area of $2,000,000 they suspected. He went to jail. I would use 7 or 8 though, but 4 has worked in the field for us.

Archived