09 Audi A4

Guest firestoned

Guest firestoned

Does anybody know how to remove the rear taillight on the 09 a4? It seems the only way is to remove the headliner, which seems to be way more work than necessary.. Any ideas? Thanks for the fast reply, as this car is sitting in my shop NOW!!

Guest Tintim
Does anybody know how to remove the rear taillight on the 09 a4? It seems the only way is to remove the headliner, which seems to be way more work than necessary.. Any ideas? Thanks for the fast reply, as this car is sitting in my shop NOW!!

These slide on and off. pop a couple of the headliner clips then get your hand behind brake light and push it forward toward the parcel shelf but following the arc of the windscreen. They are very tough - if you can't do it with your hands try a plastic stick and lever carefully against edge of headliner. They are the same as Jags with two metal spring clip in the brake light one either side about four inches apart. Get one started and the other will follow.

Guest firestoned

These slide on and off. pop a couple of the headliner clips then get your hand behind brake light and push it forward toward the parcel shelf but following the arc of the windscreen. They are very tough - if you can't do it with your hands try a plastic stick and lever carefully against edge of headliner. They are the same as Jags with two metal spring clip in the brake light one either side about four inches apart. Get one started and the other will follow.

I couldnt find any headliner clips near the light, so I ended up having to cut around the light. The customer FREAKED when I told him I would have to remove the headliner, and said he'd rather have me trim around it, so I did, it turned out good (I thinkit looked like %&$#) but he liked it, so all is well.

For future reference, where are the nearest clips located at on the headliner? The headliner wantede to keep bending, and I wasnt about to f*k up an 09....

I couldnt find any headliner clips near the light, so I ended up having to cut around the light. The customer FREAKED when I told him I would have to remove the headliner, and said he'd rather have me trim around it, so I did, it turned out good (I thinkit looked like %&$#) but he liked it, so all is well.

For future reference, where are the nearest clips located at on the headliner? The headliner wantede to keep bending, and I wasnt about to f*k up an 09....

you have to feel for the pop studs - they're about 8 or so inches apart and you don't damage the headlining if you're careful.

Guest maddtinter

Just did one today.The brake lite slides out like older model VW Jettas.Grab the lite assembly on the sides and slide the brake lite down parallel with the rear window.If you are uncomfortable doing this the Audi dealers can pull up the instructions for you.

Just did one today.The brake lite slides out like older model VW Jettas.Grab the lite assembly on the sides and slide the brake lite down parallel with the rear window.If you are uncomfortable doing this the Audi dealers can pull up the instructions for you.

TANKS, this week I supose can come one :twocents , then I will post how I do it.

Archived