Beige Laminated Glass -sides & Blue hue on back

Guest terry/sc

Guest terry/sc

Mercedes S430 4-door 2003, gold paint. The windows look like regular beige tinted glass on sides & rear at first look.

Rolled 4 door windows down and there's gold delaminating showing all across the top of all 4 glasses. At least, that's what I"m assuming it is. Doesn't flake off and there's a fine indent in the top of the glass and gold can't be felt on either side of glass. Assuming it's delamination because I did a '39 showcar couple of weeks ago which had the same problem on one window, but it was clear laminated glass.

However, the rear glass has those extremely fine line defrosters. The top of the window has the antenna etc., & is beige or clear. Where the defrosters start, there is a blue tint on the window, instead of beige.

I used regular charcoal at customer's request - back window looked really bad. Ripped it off, tried beige tint. It looked like pearlized blue mud with either of those films.

Customer doesn't mind delamination on side windows - but I don't know what to do about back.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

all of the mercedes s class and cl class have the same look. any charcoal or neutral tint will look purple and blue from almost any angle. the top where the def. is will look normal. it is the same with the windshield. nothing you can do about it. same with bentley gt and flying spur. as far as the delamination it is pretty much normal to see that on top edge of s class and the cl also.

Did an '05 CL65 AMG in Charcool 35% today. Same rear window, with the normal on top and the blue elsewhere. The line where the laminate ends is very prominent...looks like a seam. Custy was very pleased tho. Why can't MBZ do anything normal??

Guest maddtinter
Mercedes S430 4-door 2003, gold paint. The windows look like regular beige tinted glass on sides & rear at first look.

Rolled 4 door windows down and there's gold delaminating showing all across the top of all 4 glasses. At least, that's what I"m assuming it is. Doesn't flake off and there's a fine indent in the top of the glass and gold can't be felt on either side of glass. Assuming it's delamination because I did a '39 showcar couple of weeks ago which had the same problem on one window, but it was clear laminated glass.

However, the rear glass has those extremely fine line defrosters. The top of the window has the antenna etc., & is beige or clear. Where the defrosters start, there is a blue tint on the window, instead of beige.

I used regular charcoal at customer's request - back window looked really bad. Ripped it off, tried beige tint. It looked like pearlized blue mud with either of those films.

Customer doesn't mind delamination on side windows - but I don't know what to do about back.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It sounds like the laminate could be changing color especialy if you only see the beige at the top of the door glass.AS far as the back glass they always look different due to the laminate.I tinted the back glass of a Vw Phaeton once when then back glass got rain on it the droplets looked like red like blood,go figure.

Archived