Happy Turkey Day TD members

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you dont mind, where do you get te colored film???

You can get most red, blue, green, and yellow films from Llumar for about $1.50 a sq. ft. If you wanna get some really cool colors , up to 50 different colors check out Solar Graphics.com and he charges 2.50 a sq. ft.! Richard Purdum who owns Solar Graphics is the best tint graphic tinter I've ever seen! Check out his site and look how amazing his work is!! He's the one who motivated me to get involved with tint graphics!

Guest nojokekreationz

hey everybody new to the site and new the whole tint world and I have so many question but my main questio is can you apply this technique to car windows im trying to do something like this on the back window but in tin like the flame is gonna be red metallic if possible any help would be fine thanks

post-26087-1235614593.jpg

hey everybody new to the site and new the whole tint world and I have so many question but my main questio is can you apply this technique to car windows im trying to do something like this on the back window but in tin like the flame is gonna be red metallic if possible any help would be fine thanks

Yes you can do that in tint but it would be hard to hand cut it depending on the car! If it's a hatch back ..no problem! If its not depending on the angle it might be to tough! If you don't have a plotter take a piece of 2 mil clear and do the graphic on the back side of it and peel the front side of it and put it on just like a sticker!! This was a trick I did for really tough angled cars I really couldn't hand cut on! Then just back it up with 20% silver and there you go!!! Hope this helps! And by the way :twocents

hey man that was cool. but, coudnt u just take the plotted graphic and stuck it on the inside of the window instead adn then apply the color film? :twocents

I mentioned if he didn't have a plotter!! If you have a plotter your absolutly right! If you don't I would hand cut the graphic on the back side of 2 mil clear and apply it that way! It's a pretty cool way of putting a tint graphic on really sloped back window!

Guest nojokekreationz

Yes you can do that in tint but it would be hard to hand cut it depending on the car! If it's a hatch back ..no problem! If its not depending on the angle it might be to tough! If you don't have a plotter take a piece of 2 mil clear and do the graphic on the back side of it and peel the front side of it and put it on just like a sticker!! This was a trick I did for really tough angled cars I really couldn't hand cut on! Then just back it up with 20% silver and there you go!!! Hope this helps! And by the way :welcome

thanks for the welcome, where do I get 20% silver tint, so are you saying do exactly what you did but where the glass is use 2mil clear plastic, then transfer tape onto the glass, actually im kind of lost, sorry im extremely new to this I havent even tinted a car yet but now whats to teach so im about to teach myself and while im at it learn some cool tricks so I can make those shops that wouldnt tech me want me to work for them ordered tint and its on the way got to learn somekind of way :evilgrin

Archived