Factory tint

Guest racerxred

Guest racerxred

Hey everyone, I have a '96 Blazer 4DR with factory tint on the rear and 20% on the front. Does anyone know how the factory tints windows? Is it possible to have a company do the same process to the front? Is it expensive? :mrgreen:

Guest thetintshop

no, you can't have it done. it's made into the glass, and it's not tint. it's colored glass and makes your car hotter than if it were just clear glass. just take it and have some legal tint put on it that matches in color. that's about all you can do.

Guest Braud Spectrum

I've speculated over the years about how it's done myself. I have seen a couple different kinds. One old Bronco II had a clear place rubbed in the back side window where something had gotten up against it. So I figured it must be a coating of some sort. Then another I saw broken on a different vehicle had a piece of what looked like colored film laminated between two pieces of glass. So if that were the same kind...the Bronco clear spot wouldn't have happened cause the tinted part was between the layers. And then there is the actual colored glass.

Guest thetintshop

it's made into the glass the same way the green tint is added for "clear" glass. instead of green tint, they use a charcoal colored tint to color the glass throughout.

(the "tint" I'm referring to is not window tint, the tint I'm talking about is like the tint you have added to paint to change the color. that kind of tint)

Archived