03 Mercedes S500 tint question

Guest evansboy512

Guest evansboy512

I wanna add 20% tint to my car and ive heard from a couple of different people that the door panels have to be popped off and it needs to be 'felted' ?? whatever that means? is that true ? kinda scary that they would have to pop off my door panels to do this, would it damage it in any way ? the guy I take it to I trust him tinting the windows but as far as popping my door panels off and tearin my car apart ill take a pass.. so let me know thanks !

Guest Mo Evo

I never pull panels on a MBZ or have felted them. If your installer knows his trade, then he or she will know how to do it right. BTW don't use any metallized film on this car. Another thing...most all S class's have double paned glass and 'most' film manufacturers recommend not going darker than 35% because of glass breakage problems.

Some of the Mercedes vehicle DO need felt or the tint will turn to crap fairly rapidly.

If you want to do it right the seals DO need an application of felt to protect the film from the hard rubber seals.

If you do not feel confident with your instaler find one you do feel confident using.

or better yet.. go to your local mercedes dealer and have them strip the door panels... then take the car to your tinter and have it tinted and felted...

Return to mercedes and have them re-install the panels.. That way you have a trained tech doing what they to best for both tint AND assembly .. :lol

Guest absolutetinting

I use to have the scamatics for each mb door panel.

I got it from the local mb dealer, ask the part departs for it. they just have to print it out for you.

don't break any wood molding it's $$$$. some of the scews are right behind them use a bone gasket tool.

Archived