93 Audi S4

Guest jaimoney

Guest jaimoney

I'm about to tint an older S4, and from far away it looked simple enough, upon closer examination, it's got dot matrix that runs front and rear of every roll up! Plus a guide runs through it as well. Does anybody know if there's a way to remove that guide button (roud black plastic goes through the window into the track)? Or is there an easier way to cut these patterns than, cut, slide way in and then cut again? Thanks for the help!

I'm about to tint an older S4, and from far away it looked simple enough, upon closer examination, it's got dot matrix that runs front and rear of every roll up! Plus a guide runs through it as well. Does anybody know if there's a way to remove that guide button (roud black plastic goes through the window into the track)? Or is there an easier way to cut these patterns than, cut, slide way in and then cut again? Thanks for the help!

I hate those

actualy there are two diferent types

if you are unlucky then you will have problems on the back of the rear doors

I never tried to remove anything because the only thing that seems to be usefull would be taking out the glass and I don't like it

just take your time and cut minimaly oversized patern or you won't be able to push it in because ithe gasket is very tight on the glass

if you have no problems then you are lucky and have the other type on you

anyways good luck with it

Guest jaimoney

Thanks for getting back to me! I will try, that's what I kind of figured. I do have the tight fit rear weather seal on the back glass. I think I'm gonna take another go at it next weekend. Good thing this customer is very patient. When I told him I had to back away he appreciated the honesty.

What about the holes for the guide? Cut around them? Or is there a way to remove them? They just look horrible with the gap.

Guest jaimoney

Were you cutting around before the film was installed? Or after? It seems to leave a horrible light gap if I cut it before because of the shifting and everything.

Guest jaimoney

Well got it done and looked great. The secret for the circles on the glass track is to shift and place the pattern just like you would if you were installing the tint, kind of mark off what needs to be cut out and then take it to the glass cutting board and finish with a circle template.

Archived