easy peeling near zero or zero adhesive residue w/o steam or heating

hi,

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but it just happened by accident during a tint removal session.

just a word of caution, this method may leave the interior of the car wet if done improperly. if you have a good smelling slip, it would be a plus factor though :P also you will need a lot of slip solution, so use a cheap one. I used a cheap car shampoo that sells roughly not more than $2/gal. you'll only need a little of this just to break the surface tension of the water.

this can be done on any window w/ or w/o defroster/antena grid. luckily I also happen to preserve the grid :lol

start by peeling a bit from a corner. spray with slip. pull slowly. the key here is to do it slowly. when you begin to see the adhesive sort of webbing between film and the glass, time to spray more slip. to conserve a bit of the slip, pull the film such that you will be peeling down in a horizontal fashion. begin pulling on the center until you will form a pool of small amount of slip. then pull the sides. the slip will go to that direction. pull again to the center. then to the sides.

just remember the key is pull slowly. so far, I got two cars that have 100% working grids on back glass after removal

well, to make things better, I timed the difference between removing a tint using the method I mentioned above against the garbage bag method and the "just pull and scrape the adhesive"

not surprisingly, the "just pull and scrape" method takes the longest time. next is the slow pulling + slip. fastest is the garbage bag, but only a bit - this is entirely dependent on environment though. I don't have a steamer so no info on this

Archived