Sun-Tek flat glass films

I have been contacted by Sun-Tek about buying their films. Would like to get the REAL info by other installers who have used the flat glass films on a regular basis. How does the film lay, any problems with curling, warranty issues, reflectiveness on dual pane glass, basically overall performance with film and mfg. also what would you say what other mfgs line of film it would compare to. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Guest joesinla

Good film, I almost solely sell Symphony series. Awesome heat rejection. Very clear too. Only complaint is not a huge selection of flat glass film options.

I mostly use the neutral series. IDS is pretty close to the N10 stuff from Llumar. Look is exactly the same and the feel is really close, too. All their flatglass line is thin like Llumars. Liner comes off easy, no real issues with curling other than it being a dry adhesive and rolling it too tight will make it curl. Just put it on with dirt off and you won't have any problems. I haven't been using it long enough to know of any long term issues but from what I've heard it's good stuff. Suntek also has some of the best customer service. Ask them and they will probably send you a few sample rolls to try. Like the other guy said, they don't have too many options, especially with tinted safety films.

Guest Fly Paper

We switched to suntek 7 years ago because they don't bid against us on large projects like madcow and lulu do. I bid 2 office towers about 3 years ago with their I-35 Bronze. Charged 20% more than the local vista/lulu dealer was and got it after they compared samples. We send installers at night and pay um $30.00 per pane R&R. Takes about an hour to do 4 or 5 of them. As the building leases each floor and renovates they do film at the same time. Reason we took the job from the other dealer is they worked 8 to 5 and disrupted the work place. We avoid filming occupied professional sites if we can. They have as good a fg film as lulu or madcow and good price too!

Good film, I almost solely sell Symphony series. Awesome heat rejection. Very clear too. Only complaint is not a huge selection of flat glass film options.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Also what masterrider said about useing X-100/Dirtoff is a must for the Dry Adhesive.

Guest vclimber
I really like their flat glass films. The ultravision films rock and they now have it in a 40%. They also just came out with a new DR film to compete with lulu's dr film.

I heard that a MFG accelerate tested ultravision and it lost 10% of its performance. :lol

Guest tintgod
I really like their flat glass films. The ultravision films rock and they now have it in a 40%. They also just came out with a new DR film to compete with lulu's dr film.

I heard that a MFG accelerate tested ultravision and it lost 10% of its performance. :bingo

hearsay.

Archived