Need Help

I am out of adhesive backed felt strips. I usually order it from CRLuarance but I cant wait a day or two for it top get here and was wondering if you all knew a retail chain that carried it I.e. Home Depot, Lowes, or any other place. I called the local glass installer (Binswanger) but they don't carry it.

Thanks in advance

Guest scottydosnntkno
As an official Newbie what are these strips used for?

on the newer mercedes, Beamers, some mustangs, some chryslers, etc that have the plastic weatherstrips instead of felt. Dirt gets caught in the plastic and scratches the film. The felt is applied and acts just like a factory felted weatherstrip.

As a temp fix, depending on what car it is you could use moleskin from CVS or similar for blisters and put it on. Its basically the same thing. It might not last as long, but it would save you from having to completely turn the car away till another day, and you could have him come back if it ever gives you any issues being several smaller pieces instead of one large piece. Its a lot thinner and finer matt than the CRlawrence stuff, but I don't see why it wouldnt work. I use it with my hockey skates all the time and it never comes off unless you take it off.

As an official Newbie what are these strips used for?

well for my purposes today I have a 94 t-bird that the rubber with felt taped guides that push the window into the seals have gone bad and scratched up the film. The customer is getting the whole vehicle r/r but I sold them new felt because the bad guides will just tear up the new film. Ford sells these guides but they are extremely expensive. But they can also be used on vehicles that don't have felt on the seals I.e. new mercedes.

I had this happen to me and I used the felt from Michaels craft store. Only thing is it comes in sheets so you have to cut it down to strips.

very much appreciated I am looking for a michaels right now, and that will actually work better than the strips for my purposes today

Archived