2006 c class

Guest eagerbeaver

Guest eagerbeaver

Does anyone know how to remove the rear parcel shelf on this motor? It is too near the glass to tint- or enable me to tint well! The rear seats do not unfold. I have spoken to merc. dealers, but they say they have never removed one! Would appreciate some advice.

Guest eagerbeaver

O.K. Thanks for the reply, but I find the tray is too tight too the glass to use a card. What do you use too get to the bottom edges. When I did my last one, there was just enough room to squeze my fingers down there - let alone a card or squeegie!

Guest eagerbeaver

Thanks again, O.K as you have said, you've had no problems, but I would appreciate advice on quote, "how to remove the parcel shelf". Obviously you are unable to help, but thanks again.

It's pretty self explanitory.... Pull back seat, d-pillar trim and finally parcel shelf. It's got the privacy screen in the far back attached to the shelf itself... so you will need to really lift up and pull foreward to get up over factory sub and spkrs. I'm pretty sure there are a couple screw/nuts from under the deck you will need to take off to get everythign moving....

It's not just a 'jerk it and work it' shelf... :beer

Guest eagerbeaver

Thanks Tintzeus / TTS,

As you can see, I'm new to the forum, but am already impressed with the quick replies. I am also fairly new to tinting, so will no doubt be speaking to you guys again.

Archived