08 F350 extended cab side glass

Guest jokr423

Guest jokr423

A friend of mine asked me to tint his new work truck. None of the widows have factory tint. I got a quick look at it and I need to know how to remove the rear side glass. I don't want to cut around the round fasteners if at all possible. I have zero experience with this side glass. I am guessing there is a cover I can pop on the fasteners and then maybe a screw to release the glass and hinge. Any help would be great, I would like to try and knock it out this weekend as he isn't working because of the holiday, and this truck is easy money!! I posted this in the vehicle section but I didn't get any responses, someone has to know how to get them out. I want it to come out good so I can get the rest of his fleet, practice makes perfect. Thanks for the help and enjoy the weekend!!

Guest thatsnappyguy

that window can come out very clean without taking it out. its not worth it...I used to take them out...then dropped one and had to replace it. if u are going to do the fleet, tint the first one as you would the rest of them, fast and clean without removing the glass.

Guest tintgod

there should be some torx or philips head screws in the inside that you can take out.and the buttons will come out from the outside.

but I didnt know the 08 had this kind of extra cab window

Guest jokr423

He told me it was an 08, maybe an 09. He just picked it up from the dealer with a utility body. The rear side glass has two buttons near the front and one in the rear for the clasp that closes it. I want to take them out, I think it would be easier than cutting around all the buttons. I want the quality of these work trucks to be the same as any other car. I take my time and pride myself on very clean professional work. I am just getting back into things, and want my reputation to grow. I may get alot of business from people who see his trucks so it will be worth it. Thanks for the info on the torx or phillips screws on the interior. I will have to get a look inside but it sounds easy enough. Thanks again..

Guest scottydosnntkno
He told me it was an 08, maybe an 09. He just picked it up from the dealer with a utility body. The rear side glass has two buttons near the front and one in the rear for the clasp that closes it. I want to take them out, I think it would be easier than cutting around all the buttons. I want the quality of these work trucks to be the same as any other car. I take my time and pride myself on very clean professional work. I am just getting back into things, and want my reputation to grow. I may get alot of business from people who see his trucks so it will be worth it. Thanks for the info on the torx or phillips screws on the interior. I will have to get a look inside but it sounds easy enough. Thanks again..

where the clasp mounts there should be 3-4 phillips screws to remove the mount from the body. Then there might be a set screw that you loosen on the window pivot and a plastic pin that will pull out then you can unscrew the hex on the inside(might need a wrench) and push the button out. The front buttons I believe have either a large torx or a big phillips(haven't done one in a while) and then the button will push out again. Do these first and make sure you heat them up a lot and let them dry for quite a while as they have a tendency to twist the film going back in if their not dry enough.

Guest jokr423

Thanks for the detailed info. I hope it makes this job as easy as I hope it will be. This should make for a easy clean install. Later

Guest scottydosnntkno
Thanks for the detailed info. I hope it makes this job as easy as I hope it will be. This should make for a easy clean install. Later

its really not hard. No matter what kind it is its just screws and maybe a big flat bolt like on the escape rear hatches

Archived