VKool experiences

I have a customer (my inlaws neighbors) that has Vkool installed on the front of their house. They have had it replaced 3 times in 5-7 years. The last time the original installing company came out to replace the film they gave them a 1 year warranty, so they are no longer in warranty. The film has been tarnishing and peeling on the sides of the film. I did not get a chance today to go look at it, but I will this week. I told them to contact Vkool and discuss the situation. I love to throw some Madico on there, but I'd like to see them try all avenues before they spend a ton of money with me.

Has anyone else had this experience with Vkool? It would seem that the film was not edge sealed.

Guest tintgod
I have a customer (my inlaws neighbors) that has Vkool installed on the front of their house. They have had it replaced 3 times in 5-7 years. The last time the original installing company came out to replace the film they gave them a 1 year warranty, so they are no longer in warranty. The film has been tarnishing and peeling on the sides of the film. I did not get a chance today to go look at it, but I will this week. I told them to contact Vkool and discuss the situation. I love to throw some Madico on there, but I'd like to see them try all avenues before they spend a ton of money with me.

Has anyone else had this experience with Vkool? It would seem that the film was not edge sealed.

how long ago was the last time it was redone.? I am told the the new generation vkool does not have to be sealed..the best thing to do it to,like you told them..call vkool and try to get it warrantied through them..but it they don't have the proper paper work they can be out of luck, but it is worth a try.

I have used vkool on water front condos with no tarnishing...and that is going on three years ago...but I have heard it happen.

how long ago was the last time it was redone.? I am told the the new generation vkool does not have to be sealed..the best thing to do it to,like you told them..call vkool and try to get it warrantied through them..but it they don't have the proper paper work they can be out of luck, but it is worth a try.

I have used vkool on water front condos with no tarnishing...and that is going on three years ago...but I have heard it happen.

They said it was redone a little over a year ago. Im thinking it must be shotty work. Im sure they have the correct paperwork b/c of the warranty work done in the past, but I'll keep you posted.

Guest absolutetinting
That's corrosion. You'll get a lot of it in the Gulf Coast area.

new verison, old version it doesn't matter. it will corrode.

I want vkool on my own home, but I hate redos.

Guest tintbuyer

Hi TintJunkie - I have a recommendation for you. Since you are in Houston, why don't you drop by and talk in person with V-KOOL? It is NOT true that companies and products are incapable of change so you should take advantage of your proximity to V-KOOL and ask them to confirm something really changed in this new version.

It is silly to think that nothing changed (I.e. "new version / old version doesn't matter") and that V-KOOL is just crossing their fingers that nothing goes bad - if they have had a problem in the past they are likely to be MORE careful in the future than someone (say, Product M) who hasn't had a problem (yet) because Product M is new. V-KOOL has been around for over a decade and hasn't been bankrupted by warranty claims - think about it, if they had to pay out film and labor warranty on a ton of installed product, how could they stay profitable? V-KOOL has the experience to make smart warranty decisions, Product M may just be too new to know what lurks around the corner.

I realize you have alot riding on picking the right product and I don't know if V-KOOL is the right product, I just want to recognize a benefit you have being in Houston.

Guest absolutetinting

tintbuyer,

u r n freakin arizoner, it's dry. of course u don't have corrison problems.

think b 4 u drink, bro.

profits r hugh when films r made n singapore. $1.00 U.S.= $500.00 singapore. just guessing, but vkool @ $4-$5 sqft. and $0.45 sqft. to make. who wouldn't go bankrupt.

the profits are enormous when manufactures produce this type of film. that why panorama /vista/mmm dealers are getting pushed to sell more of this type of film(hilite/spectra sellect/prestige).

its all about $$$$$.

it still a great film, not in coastal locations.

Guest vclimber
That's corrosion. You'll get a lot of it in the Gulf Coast area.

new verison, old version it doesn't matter. it will corrode.

I want vkool on my own home, but I hate redos.

New stuff is pretty impressive, big improvement.

Hi TintJunkie - I have a recommendation for you. Since you are in Houston, why don't you drop by and talk in person with V-KOOL? It is NOT true that companies and products are incapable of change so you should take advantage of your proximity to V-KOOL and ask them to confirm something really changed in this new version.

It is silly to think that nothing changed (I.e. "new version / old version doesn't matter") and that V-KOOL is just crossing their fingers that nothing goes bad - if they have had a problem in the past they are likely to be MORE careful in the future than someone (say, Product M) who hasn't had a problem (yet) because Product M is new. V-KOOL has been around for over a decade and hasn't been bankrupted by warranty claims - think about it, if they had to pay out film and labor warranty on a ton of installed product, how could they stay profitable? V-KOOL has the experience to make smart warranty decisions, Product M may just be too new to know what lurks around the corner.

I realize you have alot riding on picking the right product and I don't know if V-KOOL is the right product, I just want to recognize a benefit you have being in Houston.

I have been considering a new line lately, and never thought of Vkool. I will look up a distributor tomorrow and give them a call. I have a Vkool sample at my shop, and from the looks of it, it offers very little glare reduction, but I suppose I could use Madico (which is my only line) for that. I'll admit that I dont know much about Vkool. From this site, I have never heard anything negative about it.

I was not implying anything negative about Vkool in my post. I would think it is the install that was bad, but I have not looked at it yet. Vkool, in my mind is on the same level as Huper, but again, I have limited information (as per this post...I will research). I have heard horror stories about the corrosion from other locals, but have never confirmed. I do feel that if the film does tarnish/corrode quickly in my climate, there is no way in hell I'd use it.

Archived