2000 audi a4

Guest rivercitytint

Guest rivercitytint

I experienced my first audi a4 today well lets just say it wasn't pleasent ((( For a young inexperienced pup like myself.... Anyways the doors and 1/4s were a breeze other then my helper screwing up not preping worth a damn and miss cutting like no other!!! I shoulda just done it myself... I am haveing issues with the back glass its has pretty agressive or should I say odd curve to it.. I am useing mdog soap shirnk on it and usually its a snap on everything else... now im useing my h pattern ive tried both cutting tint first then shrinking and only triming then shrinking and final cut.. its seems I have to over work the tint and keep running into issues.. I have tried both useing my hard card which I am not a fan of it crease's to easy no matter what card I am useing.. bare hand with glove works ok ... I know its pure lack of experience!!! I was on my 3rd try and thought I had it whipped went ahead and preped my window again set my tint in the and began postioning the film now this is where I ran into once again another issue it seems I couldnt work the film all the way over to passed the small dot matrix on the sides I would have excess in my center??? im begining to think I shoulda cut it closer in my final cut needless to say my 3rd try was a falure too. I know there is some trick to doing these and once I get it ive got it!!!! Ok all you tint vets start bashing me!!! im wearing my helmet!!!

I experienced my first audi a4 today well lets just say it wasn't pleasent ((( For a young inexperienced pup like myself.... Anyways the doors and 1/4s were a breeze other then my helper screwing up not preping worth a damn and miss cutting like no other!!! I shoulda just done it myself... I am haveing issues with the back glass its has pretty agressive or should I say odd curve to it.. I am useing mdog soap shirnk on it and usually its a snap on everything else... now im useing my h pattern ive tried both cutting tint first then shrinking and only triming then shrinking and final cut.. its seems I have to over work the tint and keep running into issues.. I have tried both useing my hard card which I am not a fan of it crease's to easy no matter what card I am useing.. bare hand with glove works ok ... I know its pure lack of experience!!! I was on my 3rd try and thought I had it whipped went ahead and preped my window again set my tint in the and began postioning the film now this is where I ran into once again another issue it seems I couldnt work the film all the way over to passed the small dot matrix on the sides I would have excess in my center??? im begining to think I shoulda cut it closer in my final cut needless to say my 3rd try was a falure too. I know there is some trick to doing these and once I get it ive got it!!!! Ok all you tint vets start bashing me!!! im wearing my helmet!!!

I just did a 2001 S4 and used baby powder on the back glass it worked great. also use JJ soap solution the extra slip and work time made all the difference. BTW for me the front doors were a PITA had some fingers on the bottom even after heat shrinking. Cant believe it took me 2.5 hrs to do :lol2

Archived