Fire truck

I tinted a brand new pierce firetruck and on it's 4th call it got a little close to the fire and broke one of the windows. the fire company got a new glass and I tinted with the same tint but the glass looks blue compared to the rest. any suggestions?

I tinted a brand new pierce firetruck and on it's 4th call it got a little close to the fire and broke one of the windows. the fire company got a new glass and I tinted with the same tint but the glass looks blue compared to the rest. any suggestions?

wonder if they used temp. or lami glass...they will both have differnt looks then the standard temp. glass...the one truck I did had temp all the way around it...besides the w/s

as a glass installer, it IS possible to order different colors of the same piece of glass.

the last 3 letters designate the color of the glass, top band color (if any, on the windshield) and whether there are any attachments bonded to the glass..

for example, a windshield w/ the last 3 letters of GBY = Green (glass color) Blue (band at top) Yes (there are attachments)

for side windows the designations are similar... BTN = Blue Tint No attachments or GTY - Green Tint (with) Attachments...

make sense ?? I do know that the glass manufacturers make the same glass in either a blue tint or green tint..

this is why the one window looks like it's bluish.. they ordered a replacement glass that's BTY or BTN.. blue tint with or without attachments instead of a GTN or GTY... ever notice a toyota or honda (older ones) that have a different colored door glass or back glass than the rest of the car ?? this is why :gasp

I hope this helps

:whisper

Looks like zrok has it figured out, if they still claim the film is different, bite the bullet and have them watch you strip and retint the replacement

window and the window next to it.

That takes the monkey off your back, and puts it on the glass company that supplied the mismatched glass.

Archived