Any ideas on getting new business in commercial work ?

Hi all,

Im looking at trying to get more flat glass work in residential and commercial.Has anyone got any ideas or places you have tried that have worked for you guys.Any ideas would be great because work is really slow at the moment and need some more work ASAP.

Thanks guys

Things will be slow this time of year, and you should of pre emptied the situation, and saved in the warmer months...

Surely Valeting would be busy this time of year???

Do you have a Website?

How does it rank?

Do you advertise?

Guest walestint

winter offers?

percentage off any auto with every flat deal?

look at what you promote for commercial, the benefits

free demo?

eco angle?

as solar shades said website / marketing material?

advertise alongside blind adverts (not the labrador ones)

questionnaire for commercial to rasie awareness of what film can do, the many benefits, they may fill it out if delivered right, in their lunch hour

wrap yourself in some 20% silver and hop around singing "feeling hot hot hot?"

...some of my thoughts.... :beer

Guest shadowline

Uuuumh...trouble is Simon at this time of year it all seems to slow down, maybe a mailshot to companies you know are in buildings with lots of glass? Its tough this time of year

Thanks for your replies.We havent had the greatest year so havent been able to save any money in the warmer months.Valeting is doing ok but it doesnt earn the money like tinting.I have got a website and I do google adwords and we are normally first page on that.We have been doing leaflet drops for conservatory roof tinting.We have been advertising on the radio but weve had to cut it because its just to much money for this time of year.Are there any other places you guys advertise that works for you ?

Cheers

Guest walestint

what about a tv reality show

Britains Got Tint

or

The Tint factor

or

The Weakest Tint

Designed for office workers where huge heat lamps are shone into their office environment and they have to try and work in the extreme heat and glare

Then you come in and have to tint the windows in under 2 mins or you may get voted off

The Judges are Nik, Leo and Kelly Brook

Ant and Dik to host

Could be a winner?

what about a tv reality show

Britains Got Tint

or

The Tint factor

or

The Weakest Tint

Designed for office workers where huge heat lamps are shone into their office environment and they have to try and work in the extreme heat and glare

Then you come in and have to tint the windows in under 2 mins or you may get voted off

The Judges are Nik, Leo and Kelly Brook

Ant and Dik to host

Could be a winner?

That sounds cool im not sure how many windows youd get done in 2 minutes though !!

:beer

Guest walestint
Thanks for your replies.We havent had the greatest year so havent been able to save any money in the warmer months.Valeting is doing ok but it doesnt earn the money like tinting.I have got a website and I do google adwords and we are normally first page on that.We have been doing leaflet drops for conservatory roof tinting.We have been advertising on the radio but weve had to cut it because its just to much money for this time of year.Are there any other places you guys advertise that works for you ?

Cheers

I supose some of the things I think about is

a) do all people in my area know about film as an option for heat/glare/energy savings etc?

b) do they have confidence in me and my ability to sell/install the product?

c) how does it fit within their current budget priority? (so may need to target those with extra cash)

d) do I offer free demos and winter sale?

e) reduce overheads if poss in leaner months/plan for winter as mentioned, have an advertising break for a month, see if it makes any difference?

Cheers

I supose some of the things I think about is

a) do all people in my area know about film as an option for heat/glare/energy savings etc?

b) do they have confidence in me and my ability to sell/install the product?

c) how does it fit within their current budget priority? (so may need to target those with extra cash)

d) do I offer free demos and winter sale?

e) reduce overheads if poss in leaner months/plan for winter as mentioned, have an advertising break for a month, see if it makes any difference?

Yeah there some good ideas mate I think like that as well we did a leaflet drop today in a nice well off area with nice big houses right on the beach !! Ive just put a winter deal on the website for this month as well.There is a buy with confidence scheme which is set up with the trading standards might join that to give people more confidence to buy from us ?

Archived