Black Olfa Blades

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy
I wonder if they are better for shaving than SS ones?

the SS are too soft these days. just about any blade out there is better than SS unless you are cutting on glass. I use carbon blades for anything other than cutting on glass.

I think it's the film. As I've got some old olfa blades which I found still in the packet and they are the same as my mew pack. When I say old they must be 4 years old. So I think it's the film that is making them blunt and not the blades???????

Guest scottydosnntkno

like a year ago I picked up 3 packs of the KDS SS ones which were supposed to be so much better, and I either got a bad batch, or their shotty blades. They don't cut the top contour for shizz, and see really dull. All I use them for now is trimming the edges of FG, because thats all their good for.

Guest h0wld0g

I've been using the black blades, I've used 3 packs now and im just now realizing they are carbon because when I pull my knife out of my pouch my blade is rusted im like what the.... I know right im an idiot... the pack doesnt say carbon maybe im blind. But I got them because they said 25% sharper the only thing I like is A they look cool being black ha and B they snap alot easier as if that matters but it makes it easier to snap it into the garbage can from a distance ha. But yes im seeing that I think they scratch glass easier so im with y'all on that and as for shaving the top I think they're worse for that as they dull alot quicker against the top of the glass just my opinion

Guest naughtydog
I think it's the film. As I've got some old olfa blades which I found still in the packet and they are the same as my mew pack. When I say old they must be 4 years old. So I think it's the film that is making them blunt and not the blades???????

who are you getting the black blades off?

Archived