99 Chevy Astro Van

pbalentine

Got one scheduled for tommorrow and I've never done one, but it doesn't look too bad. Im just hoping theres a dot matrix around the rear side glasses. Does anyone know if there are latches to trim around or anything I should know before I do it.

no, my company uses a 00 astro cargo. No latches just fixed glass with dotted border. Shrink your film first and prep those dots ! :spit

edit: I was referring to the cargo the conversion I would say yes it will have some latches to cut around :spit

Sorry, I should of described it better. Its the one with 6 side windows and 1 in the back. Do you think the sides need shrinking? Thx tintaudiopros... :spit

if its like this then you may take the windows out with the pop out open type, the sides and back may need a lil shirnk or so. why u so concerned about shrinking dont you know how to tint windows? :spit

Sept15,2007-1999ChevyAstroVan66kmi(NoiseInRearEnd).jpg

Custy just called and cancelled, he said the wife took keys to the car in the garage where I was gonna tint. He offered me to tint it under a tree, but I told him that wasn't a good idea and told him to reschedule.

Yes, I know how too tint windows, DUMB question. For a second I thought the sides glasses would be like the back glass on trucks, no shrink, but after second glance I could tell they would need some shrinking like on exrtra cab windows on trucks.

Custy just called and cancelled, he said the wife took keys to the car in the garage where I was gonna tint. He offered me to tint it under a tree, but I told him that wasn't a good idea and told him to reschedule.

Yes, I know how too tint windows, DUMB question. For a second I thought the sides glasses would be like the back glass on trucks, no shrink, but after second glance I could tell they would need some shrinking like on exrtra cab windows on trucks.

I don't think it's a dumb question. Obviously those windows won't need much shrinking, if any, just by glancing at them. The tone of your post sounded like you were very concerned about shrinking them. I don't know of any true "Tinter" that would be worried at all by that van :spit

Lots of latches / buttons to cut around on that one....

Hopefully you can pull the buttons for a cleaner job :spit

All of the buttons were siezed on the last one I had in the shop so removal was not possible.... hate it when that happens :spit

Lots of latches / buttons to cut around on that one....

Hopefully you can pull the buttons for a cleaner job :beer

All of the buttons were siezed on the last one I had in the shop so removal was not possible.... hate it when that happens :beer

Can you heat up the screws to undue the locktite? I would like to remove them, but I don't want to risk breaking the glass. It was discussed here recentley, whether to rememove or not remove the side glasses on vans. It seemed that the majority of everyone on here recommended leaving them in, b/c you can still get the job to come out good trimming around the latches and you don't risk breaking the glass.

Can you heat up the screws to undue the locktite? I would like to remove them, but I don't want to risk breaking the glass. It was discussed here recentley, whether to rememove or not remove the side glasses on vans. It seemed that the majority of everyone on here recommended leaving them in, b/c you can still get the job to come out good trimming around the latches and you don't risk breaking the glass.

sometimes you can super heat the buttons and get the loc tight to break free.... The last one I did had no such luck....

Archived