Space subleasing ?s

Guest koookstr

Guest koookstr

Looking for some input.

There is a glass shop on a main road way that I've talked to the owner about using a bay for tinting. What I'm wondering is;

-Is it better to rent the space straight out?

-Pay a % of jobs up to a certain amount? (thinking about winter time)

Any thoughts or ideas is appreciated.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Looking for some input.

There is a glass shop on a main road way that I've talked to the owner about using a bay for tinting. What I'm wondering is;

-Is it better to rent the space straight out?

-Pay a % of jobs up to a certain amount? (thinking about winter time)

Any thoughts or ideas is appreciated.

figure out a good flat rate to pay him. Yeah it will be a little higher % in the wintertime, but in the summer it will be a lot less percentage.

Unless you are big time and really smoking out the volume... I would pay a percentage...

No work = No pay

and if you have lots of work.... who cares if you are writing huge checks.. :thumb

Guest Tint Legend
Unless you are big time and really smoking out the volume... I would pay a percentage...

No work = No pay

and if you have lots of work.... who cares if you are writing huge checks.. :spit

:beer

Guest filmslayer

the only thing I see wrong with doing a % is that your not realy locked in , if bizz takes off and he sees how well your doing he could take over . it is his bizz. ....

Guest Sunlimited

If he can't tint though it's not a problem. I know someone who was in the same situation. First chose to pay a percentage, business was good, he chose to switch over, pay a monthly amount. Now there's no business and he's behind on the rent...

Guest scottydosnntkno
If he can't tint though it's not a problem. I know someone who was in the same situation. First chose to pay a percentage, business was good, he chose to switch over, pay a monthly amount. Now there's no business and he's behind on the rent...

how much rent is he paying? around here, most shops with the space will lease you a bay for $2-300/mo. I'd hope he'd get enough business to cover that :thumb

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

Best bet is too try and lock in a cheap monthly rent. Worst case is that you couldn't afford it and that he would make you leave or lower the rent to fit your needs. If you lock in to a percentage it could really cut in to your profits later

Archived