release metint

Guest metint

Can anyone into film graphics tell metint what the best release tape would be for speedy install of film graphics?

I have tried low tack release tape, but find it takes too much time for film adhesive to tack before success in release tape removal.

Is there a release tape or paper that has very low tack adhesive or a water-soluble adhesive that would work well with window film graphics?

:rollin:rollin

For the most part I try not to use any release tape or pre-mask. If I can get away with it I just use a scrap piece of tint. If the design warrants a release tape/pre-mask then we use a low-tack, heat it up to the point where you can barely touch it, and lightly spray the backing with our soap solution. The soap solution will steam the release tape off. It makes it quick and easy to remove! I know it sounds horrible heating a window up real hot and then spraying it with water....but we have never had any problems and the pre-mask comes right off. Of course....you(tint) :rollin know which windows you can and can't do this with!

Guest thetintshop

I've never used an application tape with tint before. except for running it through the plotter. and I put it on the release liner side.

but if you want a low tack application tape, try signwarehouse.com. get the endurasign application tape. that sh!t doesn't stick to anything.

Guest mushroomhead

if I have to use I just wet it alittle. I also by the cheapest I can find . I use a spray called sign on , it will make vinyl act just like wet tint

Guest DixieGraphics

I agree with tts on the endurasign - that adhesive isn't strong at all!

some companies do make low tack tape tho, but I can't remember which ones off the top of my head-I'll try to look later

Archived