Difference in the colors of the cards?

As you gain skill as an installer your employer is supposed to up your rank. If you were into martial arts you would usually have the goal of achieving the glorious Black Belt. As a film installer you would have as a goal the Prestigious 3M Gold card. Maybe TD could add little icons here to show the world our various ranks.

How about it TD could ya make it happen?

As you gain skill as an installer your employer is supposed to up your rank. If you were into martial arts you would usually have the goal of achieving the glorious Black Belt. As a film installer you would have as a goal the Prestigious 3M Gold card. Maybe TD could add little icons here to show the world our various ranks.

So, what if you dont know anything about marial arts and their color of belts? :bingo

So, what if you dont know anything about marial arts and their color of belts? :lol

:bingo

What is the yellow, pink, white and blue stand for? some hard cards are yellow and some blue, why is that?

Hey FBO,

Let me jump in and help you here, sir.

The different color cards differ in their hardness. The level of hardness is known as the "Durometer Rating". Here is a link to our tool picture catalog and you can see each hard card along with it's respective durometer rank:

http://www.expresswindowfilms.com/2007_TOO...ool_Catalog.pdf

Which card you use depends upon the task at hand. Shrinking is done with a harder tool than squeegeeing. As you gain experience, you will establish a preference for which tool you like for which task. Other members of the board will be able to help you a little more than I can with that. The last time I tinted a car, it had a crank up starter in the front.

Now I have a question for you. Does FBO stand for "Fixed Based Operator" ??

-Howard

Hi Howard, Thanks for your help And that link is really nice. FBO stands for, umm maybe I shouldnt put it on a public forum cuz they might cancel my accout :thumb

Archived