Compustar alarm issue

Did you meter your ground to be beyond sure?

not trying to dumb ya down, just making sure its not somin REAL obvious, so obvious its missed ya know.

I would say if all your connects are good, and it will not react to programing via valet switch with audible siren chirps or led flashes, you probably got a bad unit.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not trying to dumb ya down, just making sure its not somin REAL obvious, so obvious its missed ya know.

I would say if all your connects are good, and it will not react to programing via valet switch with audible siren chirps or led flashes, you probably got a bad unit.

Nah, I've only installed 1 other alarm before and this was back in 2000. I'm just not familiar and the documentation I have found for this is slim to none on this unit. I just wish there was a way to test the unit before it is 100% installed. I think I might just scrap it and install a cheapo keyless setup.

Nah, I've only installed 1 other alarm before and this was back in 2000. I'm just not familiar and the documentation I have found for this is slim to none on this unit. I just wish there was a way to test the unit before it is 100% installed. I think I might just scrap it and install a cheapo keyless setup.

you can take the 12v const and the ground, hook it up to a 12v cordless drill battery, hook up the siren, led and press the remote.

thats how you check it on the bench

OK, to make it quick, there is a thick green wire that taps in to the switched power and a thick green wire with a white line that goes in to the parking lights. the one from the ignition goes in to a relay and goes in to the unit as a thin green wire. My brain just wasn't putting thick wire and thin wire together. I got a few quiet minutes and saw my gaff. Everything is together and working now.

Guest filmslayer
OK, to make it quick, there is a thick green wire that taps in to the switched power and a thick green wire with a white line that goes in to the parking lights. the one from the ignition goes in to a relay and goes in to the unit as a thin green wire. My brain just wasn't putting thick wire and thin wire together. I got a few quiet minutes and saw my gaff. Everything is together and working now.

that is why i picked up a knife 18yrs. ago ...

Guest fredstinting

all remotes must be coded to work

????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.compustar.com/ownerscorner/user...S_1W_4B_E+F.pdf

STEP 1: Activate Valet/Programming mode by manually turning the ignition key on and off (between the Acc & On positions) five times within 7

seconds. The vehicle’s parking lights will flash once with the successful completion of this step.

STEP 2: Within 2 seconds after cycling the ignition for the 5th time, press button (I) on 2 way remotes or the (lock) button on 1 way remotes for 0.5

seconds. The parking lights will flash once to confirm the transmitter has been coded.

Exiting Programming: Programming is a timed sequence. The parking lights will flash twice signaling the

end of programming mode.

Programming Multiple Remotes: After the confirmation flash given in step 2, code additional remotes by

pressing button (I) on 2 way remotes or the (lock) button on 1 way remotes. The parking lights will flash once

confirming each additional remote. All systems (except the P2WSSR), can recognize up to three remotes.

IMPORTANT: Every Firstech remote must be coded to the system prior to performing any operations. All remotes must be coded at the same time.

There are lots of advanced features available for your system. Please go to www.compustar.com for more details.

Advanced System Functions

If the remote start fails to start the vehicle, the parking lights will flash three times immediately. Following those three flashes the parking lights will

flash again corresponding to the error table.

Remote Start Error Diagnostic

We recommend that you do not attempt any repairs on your remote starter. Contact your dealer or call us directly.

Number of Parking Light Flashes Remote Start Error

1 Motor running

2 Key in ignition on position

3 Door open (manual transmission only)

4 Trunk open

5 Foot brake on

6 Hood open

7 Reservation off (manual transmission only)

8 Tach or voltage sensing failure

goto http://www.compustar.com/ownerscorner/usermanuals/

find the user manual and then follow the instructions to code the remotes

should of had manual in box if new

if you did not find ignition power and then constant power and a good ground it won't do any thing .

take a digital volt meter and connect it to power and ground and see if you have 12 to 14.4 on the ignition switch wire

same thing take the constant power wire and see if you have 12 to 14.4 volt there too use your ground you found to check power

if you dont have 12 volts on either wire it would be a bad ground most likely . use your meter to find a better ground if needed ..

all remotes must be coded to work

????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.compustar.com/ownerscorner/user...S_1W_4B_E+F.pdf

STEP 1: Activate Valet/Programming mode by manually turning the ignition key on and off (between the Acc & On positions) five times within 7

seconds. The vehicle’s parking lights will flash once with the successful completion of this step.

STEP 2: Within 2 seconds after cycling the ignition for the 5th time, press button (I) on 2 way remotes or the (lock) button on 1 way remotes for 0.5

seconds. The parking lights will flash once to confirm the transmitter has been coded.

Exiting Programming: Programming is a timed sequence. The parking lights will flash twice signaling the

end of programming mode.

Programming Multiple Remotes: After the confirmation flash given in step 2, code additional remotes by

pressing button (I) on 2 way remotes or the (lock) button on 1 way remotes. The parking lights will flash once

confirming each additional remote. All systems (except the P2WSSR), can recognize up to three remotes.

IMPORTANT: Every Firstech remote must be coded to the system prior to performing any operations. All remotes must be coded at the same time.

There are lots of advanced features available for your system. Please go to www.compustar.com for more details.

Advanced System Functions

If the remote start fails to start the vehicle, the parking lights will flash three times immediately. Following those three flashes the parking lights will

flash again corresponding to the error table.

Remote Start Error Diagnostic

We recommend that you do not attempt any repairs on your remote starter. Contact your dealer or call us directly.

Number of Parking Light Flashes Remote Start Error

1 Motor running

2 Key in ignition on position

3 Door open (manual transmission only)

4 Trunk open

5 Foot brake on

6 Hood open

7 Reservation off (manual transmission only)

8 Tach or voltage sensing failure

goto http://www.compustar.com/ownerscorner/usermanuals/

find the user manual and then follow the instructions to code the remotes

should of had manual in box if new

if you did not find ignition power and then constant power and a good ground it won't do any thing .

take a digital volt meter and connect it to power and ground and see if you have 12 to 14.4 on the ignition switch wire

same thing take the constant power wire and see if you have 12 to 14.4 volt there too use your ground you found to check power

if you dont have 12 volts on either wire it would be a bad ground most likely . use your meter to find a better ground if needed ..

I got it, thanks for the help

Archived