Audi A8 rear headrest removal

Johnnytint

Guest svxit
We all know the A8 is a nightmare.  Ive been doing 2 Audi dealers and they have been very nice about removing the rear seat so I can get in there and tint it until today.  I assume someone figured out that they are paying a mechanic 3-4 hrs labor to remove and replace the back end of this POS car and they are not going to help anymore. 

I was told its now my responsablity to do whatever it takes to tint a car and if I cant do it someone else will (I love dealers) :gasp

so I tried to tint without removing the headrest after two tries I got it but what a pain

Today I get another one I say these headrest are coming out and I am not taking the seat out

here it is first remove the overhead panel that covers the connections to the defroster and antenea

Hello all. I'm new to this forum and hope I'm posting this the right way. If not, please let me know and I'll repost elsewhere. N E ways, here goes...

I have a '98 Audi A8 (without the summer package) that I just got the windows tinted on yesterday (45% all around) A few hours after getting the car home, the rear window was cracked, starting at the top right. It's currently about 7 inches long and probably growing.

My questions are these: How do shops handle this? Is this a fairly common problem with Audis in general or the A8 in particular that most who call themselves pros should know about? Also, is something like this covered by any kind of warranty?

When I went to pick up the car, I did see the guy running a heat gun around the outside edge of the rear windows. It was raining when I picked up the car, but not cold out (I'm in Maryland). Any advice you all can give would be seriously appreciated.

Now as for the 6" of rear deck that are in the way on the bottom.  being as the rear deck is rapped in materail not carpet is figured in could slip in nice and clean and I used a BIGFOOT first to get down 3"-4" and then a 3 ring binder covered with paper towel then a CONQUER it had some moisture in it its not 100% but  :dunno

With the money I saved the dealer in labor they were happy to give me an extra $75 labor and every one is happy

again today was the first one and be careful because this could cause unrepairable damage if you really whale on it but compaired to pulling that seat I feel its worth the risk :linedrink

[*]104727

Yo, Johny, try the slim foot, its the only tool you need to get the bottom!!

Archived