Lexus LS400

KonSiva

I tinted this LS400 like three years ago and on the rear doors the fingers poped out from the presure of the seal in the top corners... can anything be done to avoid it from happening again???? I'm re-doing them monday!!!

DSCF1828.jpg

that is a common problem with those cars. you probably left it touching the button just a bit make sure you heat it down really well. and trim it back to where it just goes to the last row of dott's. :rest

I learnt a while back on these to cut around the button. Leave a little room so when you slide it into the side, It does not touch the button, but make sure its deep enough so there is no light gap. Hope this helps. And that car is crazy tight on the back corners. We R/Red one last week. I forgot how tight the back is .

thank you for all of your advise... mission accomplished and i'm going home today!!! to WA ... from VA

I have done as u have suggested. trimmed it before install where the film does not touch the dot matrix by the knob... heated really well, waited to dry... rolled it up and it's a winner... thx again for advice... hope not to see this return ever again... :imok

Archived