Store front Help

Well I got the drive through that they had done and a one way mirror also then give them the quote to do the hole front of the store and some side windows. It was about 325sqft of glass. The owner called me the next day and said he was very impressed with my work and wants me to do the other windows in a week or two!

I have been doing about 10K square feet a month of flat glass and the windows vary. some windows have gaskets that cant be pulled so i just use the olfa and cut, paper towel and bump! If the cut is a little long go back with a hard larger flat card and use that to guild the olfa blade over stubborn area's. Also if there are no gaskets and there is black or white silicone make sure you charge accordingly because it is allot more work removing that stuff and cleaning the glass. then tinting and after dry, replacing the silicone. But in instances when you can remove the gasket, always do it! It makes for a much cleaner easer install!

Thanks ed I did wind up t trimming one of the gaskets on the drive through I tried just pushing it back and it started scraping off on the outer edge once I trimmed it I could push the gasket back if I needed to. I did just basically run my reddot along the edge of the gasket where I had trimmed. I really wish I could of gotten away without trimming the gasket but I didn't see any other way with that gasket scraping off. It was kinda like the first painted on and the second part would push back like I needed it to even though it wasn't it is kinda hard to explain. Either way the owner was happy.

Thanks guys. I feel confident in being able to do the windows I was just curious on the gasket pulling because I know I have seen windows in stores before that the gasket looked like it could be pulled I just wasn't sure. I also didn't want to make the wrong decision on tint. I do have more than one year experience I need to update this thing I am working on more like 5 years so I think it is something I could tackle. I didn't get an answer on the signs though should they have any problems with thoughs they are the static cling kind. Also they called me today and need a drive through window that they need done asap. It is a single pane window and they want it dark would I have any problems with putting a high performance 20 or 5% on it or should I go with a residential bonze. Thanks again guys. I go for the estimate tomorrow.

Be careful putting a 5% on it. My recommendation is to go witha DR film to reduce the heat absorbtion. Aquity Outlook 07 is a great film. I am doing approx. 125 panes next week on a commercial application. Looks great and is safe.

Archived