WINDOW FILM BRAND POWER

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well i think in Bonwykes case, the ironic answer is no to window film brand power, if someone came to me and asked what i thought, they would run with what i think because im the expert

in films etc etc,

There are middlemen everywhere, i tint for local car hifi shop, car dealers etc etc, they send work to me so makes them a middleman

Suntek make films, Suntek UK distributes it...

Llumar makes film Bonwyke distibutes it, whats the difference ??? Someone tell me??? (apart form prices)

Difference is NADA.... ZILCH...RIEN.... BUT IF CARLSBERG MADE A FILM DISTRIBUTOR THEY WOULD CALL IT BONWYKE LTD....

Well i think in Bonwykes case, the ironic answer is no to window film brand power, if someone came to me and asked what i thought, they would run with what i think because im the expert

in films etc etc,

There are middlemen everywhere, i tint for local car hifi shop, car dealers etc etc, they send work to me so makes them a middleman

Suntek make films, Suntek UK distributes it...

Llumar makes film Bonwyke distibutes it, whats the difference ??? Someone tell me??? (apart form prices)

Difference is NADA.... ZILCH...RIEN.... BUT IF CARLSBERG MADE A FILM DISTRIBUTOR THEY WOULD CALL IT BONWYKE LTD....

In that case WHY You go back to somebody if You are BONWYKE?

You are not afraind to eat same %&$# - under different "brand" when all job will be welldone?

Buy LLUMAR DIRECT FROM FACTORY - isn't that bad banner?

P.S. Forget to add - DON'T PAY MIDDLE MAN (BONWYKE???).

I like my ford escapalade... Great work truck.... But I think that Asia has advanced significantly in the window film manufacturing arena, There film products in 2011 to 2011 have jumped up in all aspects of quality and can compete with any large window film manufacturer in the U.S and surpass there quality and destroy there pricing. Heck they make any film you want to spec. And half the cost. Its a no brainer... and customers don't care if your using llumar sun-tek or eclipse window tinting film . They care about how the film looks and is installed on there new 20011 prius and will it hold up till after there 3 year lease is up... Thats about all!!

I like my ford escapalade... Great work truck.... But I think that Asia has advanced significantly in the window film manufacturing arena, There film products in 2011 to 2011 have jumped up in all aspects of quality and can compete with any large window film manufacturer in the U.S and surpass there quality and destroy there pricing. Heck they make any film you want to spec. And half the cost. Its a no brainer... and customers don't care if your using llumar sun-tek or eclipse window tinting film . They care about how the film looks and is installed on there new 20011 prius and will it hold up till after there 3 year lease is up... Thats about all!!

......and smart USA manufacturers can just order boxes with logo from Taiwan....

......and some opened factories in China.....

That's pure economy and pure capitalism.

Coca Cola is Coca Cola worlwide - even MADE IN SOMALI.

Because that's - BRAND.

Or Mercedes.

Sun %&$#? Not sure....

Yes... And Leo That is what we are now doing. Having quality film made to our specification overseas packaged labeled and boxed shipped to our door by the container load! Some people bash us because of it. Well thats business and thats life! Its called making money and being smart! Why pay more if you can spend less for the same product, same glue same chemical's chemist procedure etc. Bigger plants greater turn around times. You will soon see in the next 2 to 6 years the big film company's fall to overseas competitive manufacturers pumping out same or if not better quality films, and the best part about it is if you have $300,000.00 or more dollars to order a container of quality film, then you can compete with the big boys by selling same or better quality film for less. Take VT for example. And thats a perfect example... Quality stuff for half the price!!! And if you know or have made film as I have then you can actually order a specific blend of film the way you want it made etc.

Guest gazscot

Everyone is here to make money, and the UK side of a company STILL has to return a profit to excist even though it is a manny. so in fact he is sort of the middleman for this market as i can tell you now there is no manny that will keep a UK office open to sell film to us AND it returns a loss year on year!!!!

Quality stuff for half the price!!!

Yes, there is quality stuff at half the price in Asia, but ther are more sides to the story.

- Let's say you buy a container full of stuff, it doesn't sell by itself. You have to promote it, make your own brand so people will recognize it (or cal it by a name), make sample booklets, send out samples, email, letters, visit dealers etc. etc. etc. Until it reaches the streets, it's not half the price anymore, it might be cheaper than other big brands, but it sure would have increased in price quite a bit since it came off the container.

- Companies often price their products according to the buying power of the country they sell, so even if big brands have a certain price range it doesn't mean that they cannot sell it cheaper. The price I get from big companies in the USA is a lot less than what you guys pay over there, but then again, I have to pay for shipping and importation....

Well listen these days with the internet, fax machines and phones with free long distance its not as hard as you may think. And also if you are actually using the film and have tint buddies that container no matter what will be used by yourself and friends in less then a years time. And also to send out a good sample of film 20"x6" lets say. The tube to ship costs about 12cents, the film cost is about $2.40 cents and shipping about $1.98. So for $4.50 cents to send out a sample and to recieve a potential client is penuts. And if you cant afford to send out a sample, you shouldnt be selling window film as a distributor...

Well just to let you know we do order containers of window film from Asia. And there are tint dude members who know this for a fact and use our film! And I'm sure they will ad to this post to attest to our truth. And I use fax machines at least 25 times a day to just send proposals on very large city bids all the time. Also we fax specs and info to tint shops all day long. So I don't know what you are talking about that fax machines are obsolete. And the containers are 35 feet not 20 feet! And we actually use the film we purchase as well as sell the film... And yes each container is paid for in cash and it has to be or it Will not ship, no credit with overseas container loads. And my personal finances are just that. To answer your question you can profit very well from buying film in this manner. Why would you think otherwise? Just from the installers, and all the business relations with other local tint company's here in NY that purchase the film from us, a typical container will last 1 summer season. Not including re-selling the film worldwide!

Archived