Need help converting image to be able to cut it

Guest DarksideAutoSolutions

Im new to this whole plotter scene and am attempting to convert an image from jpg to something i can cut out in vinyl. I was able to do it with some really basic designs using great cut but the more complicated designs just wont come out right. I downloaded the trial version of coreldraw x5 to see if it would do what i needed but with little to no experience i think i may need pointed in the right direction as to what i might need to do.

imageCAZ1EJGG-1.png

Thats the image i am trying to cut the letters out of, once i get the far ill deal with the rest but i think i need to take it one step at a time. With the other images I cut out I used the "contour" options and was able to make them look good but idk if that's what i need to do with this or if theres a better way to approach it. Thanks for any input, you guys are great!

Never mind, if you guys ever run in to needing to convert an image check out vector magic...works great!!! I didn't know that I got free use of it with llumars cutting program... :spit

Archived