Not really a horror story...

Man im a dumbass...So i go give an estimate on a divided sunroom last week and the guy wants a high end film (really light with good heat blockage) so i quote and sell him on geoshield iris 70 and a little bit of ultravision 50..Ended up i had to get 50 ft each of 60" rolls to get the job done so i get there this morning and get all set up, climb up the ladder to measure my first window and bam i see some light coming off the edge of the window and i got an uneasy feeling in my stomach :lol Ends up every dayumn window im supposed to tint is already tinted and somehow i didn't notice nor did the custy while i was there to give estimate..Windows are wood frame and they had evidently been painted after tint cause i had seen where i was going to have to clean some painted edges and never paid it any more mind and never noticed they were already tinted..

So film looks like llucy N-1050 and job was already priced pretty high with 180sq ft of higher end film so i told him if it is llucy then it's going to be a bear to remove it.. so it looks like im sitting on a grand of film now that i hope i can sell soon, custy said he would pay restock fee if i can even send it back but i guess i'll just sit on it and hope i sell it on another job soon :blink: I've never had this happen before when it comes to flat glass that i actually measured myself, can't believe i didn't notice...I told the custy it looked like some of my work being neither of us knew it was there and he's been living there for 3 years now..

Thought about it but you know as well as i do that that is not the correct way to do it, plus it would void the warranty..this is a $1600 job and if im not gonna do it the right way then im not gonna do it at all :lol

Thought about it but you know as well as i do that that is not the correct way to do it, plus it would void the warranty..this is a $1600 job and if im not gonna do it the right way then im not gonna do it at all :dunno

good for you...if you get hungry I survived on ramen foreva... :poke seriously tho, good for you looking out for your custy...ya reap what ya sow!

Guest Darknesswithin
Karma is a good thing.

it can be :dunno

then again karma will slap you down to the ground without blinking an eye,, good for you micro-edge on doing the proper thing! :beer

Well one of my buddies was hard up for some money so i told the custy we would strip it for $100 bux and he gave the go ahead..Did the job Tuesday and it turned out nice, definately had lulu on it so my buddy earned his money :money

Archived