Does this look like llumar air 80 to you?

So I had a shop put on what I thought was llumar air 80 but when I saw the film there was no hint of blue at all, it was just gray. From other threads that I've seen, the air 80 does show hint of blue but mine is nothing like that. Just wanted to know if I got ripped off or not.

Here's a couple threads with the air 80 that I've been looking at...

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64209

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64253

Here's a few pics of what mine looks like...

DSC_3624.jpg

DSC_3623.jpg

DSC_3621.jpg

Compared to air blue 80's from others I've seen on here...

288f62b4.jpg

2011-05-12122144_Albuquerque_NewMexico_US.jpg

I think I got air gray 80 or something =/ I can't really tell if it's ceramic or not but I do feel some heat rejection from it. Does the air blue 80 change color over time?

My windshield does have a hint of green to it without tint. I have a strip of left over tint and it's just clear gray color. The shop had a sample of the air blue tint on a piece of glass and it's definitely bluish color compared to what I got.

They didn't have a box, the whole roll of film was already on a machine cutting board thingy and he just unrolled it from that thing.

The tint's already taken out because after I got home from the tint job, I noticed there was a lot of dust particles under the film making bubbles that you can feel. I went back to the shop and asked them to fix it or redo it, but he kept saying it's like that and no matter what kind of film I use there's always going to be some dirt in it. Can't avoid dust under the film. I told him BS, and when I had my vkool on the windshield, the first time they had dust particles and they redid the tint for me and was spotless after that. Well after much arguing back and forth I decided to just have it taken off and cut my losses. They do seem like nice people but just bugs me that he won't redo the tint and not sure if it's really air blue 80 that he used =/ He was nice enough to refund me most of the money tho. I've already set an appointment with another shop which I know has the real air blue 80 because I saw their pics and videos on youtube. I'll be sure to compare the piece of tint I have with the air blue 80 they have. Overall experience today was just kind of disappointed =/

Today I went to another shop I found closer to my home that has the air 80 and had the windshield tinted again. I compared the film I had yesterday to theirs and it's definitely not air blue that I had. I told them my story and they were nice enough to give me a nicer price and they did a great job with the install too!

Here's the real air blue 80, compared to the previous ones, you can definitely see the blue in this one.

DSC_3626.jpg

DSC_3627.jpg

Does every shop in your area offer to do windshields ??

Yeah all the ones I've been to does do the windshield but not a lot of them offers the llumar air blue 80. Most offer 50% since it's their lightest shade or even 60% for the huper optik one. I had to drive about 30 miles to get the air blue installed. This is the lightest tint I can find that can actually block heat. I've had 70% vkool before but wanted to go lighter. I know it's technically illegal but it's so light it's you can't even tell it's tinted at all.

I'm very happy with the air blue, not sure if it's because it blocks a lot of glare but I don't seem to need to wear my sunglasses while driving during the day. Also the blue'ish color makes visibility so crisp and clear compared to the vkool.

Archived