dusted crystal on friday

Looks nice!

We do a lot of Dusted Crystal installed in bands like that. I see you're using a film handler. Are you actually cutting the roll width down, or are you just using the film handler as the best way to pull the film? We haven't been able to successfully slit the film at a set point when using Dusted Crystal as we get some stretching when we try that using that film.

Looks nice!

We do a lot of Dusted Crystal installed in bands like that. I see you're using a film handler. Are you actually cutting the roll width down, or are you just using the film handler as the best way to pull the film? We haven't been able to successfully slit the film at a set point when using Dusted Crystal as we get some stretching when we try that using that film.

fortunately the job called for a 48" tall piece, well its a little more than that for anyone who knows DC, but they are all the same and that was the most important issue. We used the film handler to get a square edge and double checked the top edge with a level and we use up less material with a consistent pull size.

We have cut the width before just had to go slow and also I lubed up a new blade with a little bit of WD40 the first pull is oily but after that slides right through :cold

as for the blade we use the olfa stainless blades in there too, instead of the flimsy razors they sell for it.

Looks nice!

fortunately the job called for a 48" tall piece, well its a little more than that for anyone who knows DC, but they are all the same and that was the most important issue. We used the film handler to get a square edge and double checked the top edge with a level and we use up less material with a consistent pull size.

We have cut the width before just had to go slow and also I lubed up a new blade with a little bit of WD40 the first pull is oily but after that slides right through :spit

as for the blade we use the olfa stainless blades in there too, instead of the flimsy razors they sell for it.

Thanks - will try that next time we have something like this.

Archived