heat shrinking the roll ups

Guest thatsnappyguy

i snap all doors off the car. only a few of them do i actually wet skrink on the cars,....examples....Vettes, and IS

I rarely ever have to shrink door glasses. On some cars you do have more then other's. It sounds to me like the film my have been turned side ways. Did you hand cut these piece's or did they give them to you cut off a plotter?

I hand cut all the windows and also squegeed all the water with my hard card.... today i did a 92 civic hatch EG series and i think i have learned how to deal with curved windows...here is how i heat shrinked the rear windows fingers of this civic: wet heat shrinked and the big and wide finger i heat shrinked like at the middle then stopped and divided the finger in 2 then i kept going.

I rarely ever have to shrink door glasses. On some cars you do have more then other's. It sounds to me like the film my have been turned side ways. Did you hand cut these piece's or did they give them to you cut off a plotter?

I hand cut all the windows and also squegeed all the water with my hard card.... today i did a 92 civic hatch EG series and i think i have learned how to deal with curved windows...here is how i heat shrinked the rear windows fingers of this civic: wet heat shrinked and the big and wide finger i heat shrinked like at the middle then stopped and divided the finger in 2 then i kept going.

You should definitely learn to dry shrink. Might be easier for you.

If you are going to wet shrink door glasses. Then split the runner up into 2 to 5 equal sized runners. But you should really not have to be doing this if you just split the door glass in half when you place the film on the window. Then work half to the top and the other half to the bottom. Starting in the middle and working to the outter corner's. :thumb

If its not making a squiggly line when you shrink you are heating the wrong way to the grain. If you take those trim panels off you won't have to shrink those doors, just my :D

after watching my boss struggle with a driver's door window and 3 pieces of film, i pulled the passenger side and tinted the rest of the car before he finally pulled that door :rofl:

Archived