heat shrinking the roll ups

Hi again my friends,

brief story: 1 shop tested me to be a tinter there and i did a good job with the backglass, quarter windows and rear roll ups, the problem was that i could not heat shrink the 2 front roll ups (i kept creasing the film when trying to) from a lexus is250. as many of you know in another topic i explained that the film was a lot more thicker than the film i used for learning.

so My question is just this:

After the typical anchor when heat shrinking a roll up window should i squegee out all the water and then just"dry" heat shrink the fingers or should i ancher then squegee out some of the water and leave some moisture at the bottom and then "wet" heat shrink.

oh by the way with 3m film (kind of thin film) i always do wet heat shrinking but with thicker film like johnson film it doesnt seem to be a good tactic so thats why i am asking.

thanks in advance for your help amigos, i really appreciate it.

Guest tint14u
Hi again my friends,

brief story: 1 shop tested me to be a tinter there and i did a good job with the backglass, quarter windows and rear roll ups, the problem was that i could not heat shrink the 2 front roll ups (i kept creasing the film when trying to) from a lexus is250. as many of you know in another topic i explained that the film was a lot more thicker than the film i used for learning.

After the typical anchor when heat shrinking a roll up window should i squegee out all the water and then just"dry" heat shrink the fingers or should i ancher then squegee out some of the water and leave some moisture at the bottom and then "wet" heat shrink.

oh by the way with 3m film (kind of thin film) i always do wet heat shrinking but with thicker film like johnson film it doesnt seem to be a good tactic so thats why i am asking.

I shrink all roll ups on the car but do a search here Jeff Rutherford has a cool technique called snaping the film off the car

Good luck

Guest maddtinter
Hi again my friends,

Dry shrink is fast and easy on all windows.

The IS's do take quite a bit of shrinking. From my experiance, even after shrinking before installing I usually have to go back through on the inside and touch up small fingers. & I've personally never dry shrunk a roll up, always wet. :thumb

Guest Cadillac.Tint.89
Hi again my friends,

I have never had any trouble with squeegeeing all the water out with a hard card and then shrinking any fingers that should happen to pop up on the bottom edge. even on the Lexus is250's

Archived