2011 Ford F150 - F1 Pinnacle or HuperOptik

Guest dunzer

Guest dunzer

First off thanks for a great forum lots of great info here. I am looking to get my Screw truck tinted and I have been looking at the Huper Ceramic 30 and the F1 Pinnacle 30. I contacted a HO shop in my area and they carries both films.

When we spoke on the phone he told me that while he carries the HO he didn’t think it would be a good choice for my truck given the rears and back glass come with a factor tint and the HO would be a different hue/color leading to a mismatch from front to rear even if applying to both. I am looking to get the whole truck done (fronts, rears, back, sunroof, and windshield). He suggested going with the Pinnacle on the fronts, rear, and back glass. For the sunroof he suggested Comfort stating that ceramic film gets too hot for the special glass in sunroofs? For the windshield he recommended going with AIR 80.

While I understand that both Pinnacle and Huper are good films this is my first new vehicle and first time getting tint so I wanted to get some other opinions. While at first I was wanting the Huper I also want the truck to look good. Has anyone had any experience with this truck I would glad to hear your thoughts?

My primary goal is good heat and interior protection (Florida) since I have to park in the sun at work and home. Also for the windshield I understand that the mirror can be a PITA and I don’t want to risk the windshield or a rattling mirror on a new truck. The shop said they can cut a seam at the top and it wouldn’t be noticeable due to the F150 logo that is above the mirror, or I guess I could ask the ford dealership to r&r the mirror?

Thanks for reading my post any advice is welcome and is there any specific questions or details I should look for or ask the shop before committing, or any install techniques I should request. I don’t mind paying for a good product and good service.

Truthfully, they sound like they know what they are doing.

The Pinnacle would be more in tune with the factory tint and would probably be my choice because of that.

I drive an F150 and rip the mirror off all the time to test new films that are being developed but its also a company car so I love it but treat it like a rental in some instances.

Guest VOLTRON

I would say aswell they seem to be steering you in the right direction. F1 aswell here when trying to match factory glass. They are both good films though.

Archived