Johnson vs Suntek liner release on clear UV film

I need to do a large job with clear UV film. I plan on ordering from either Johnson or Suntek. I need to make sure the liner releases as easily as possible though based on the size and how high the windows are up. Can someone chime in on which clear film has the best liner release? I have never purchases the UV only films. Usually 70% is the lightest I go. If there is another brand that is amazing, please let me know. Thank you!!!!

Guest VOLTRON

I cannot say on either of thier films and thier liners but our UV film is very user and installer friendly and the release liner removes easily.

Guest shadeking

JWF liner is quick release. I did some 15 ft tall windows no problem.

PIC_0068.jpg

I know its not clear UV film, pretty sure same liner/adhesive system. I would call them to be sure.

both uv clear films are PS adhesive. You will have to un roll the piece's manually. Most PS films won't just drop and unroll for you like CDF adhesive films will. :thumb

You might try selling them on a 60% or 70% film you can get in a CDF ahesive. This will make working by yourself much easier. :thumb

I did try to sell them on the 70% but because it's a full display store front, she didn't want anything keeping people from seeing in. I did not know the clear is typically a PS adhesive. Thanks! I will see if the Hannita is CDF or not. Thanks!

I cannot say on either of thier films and thier liners but our UV film is very user and installer friendly and the release liner removes easily.

So yours is CDF adhesive? Not PS? I love your 30 and 40% dual reflective films. Just ordered some as a matter of fact. I know the liner on those drops easily. These windows are 8 ft wide and 5 ft tall stacked 2 high so I need a liner that almost removes itself. Thanks!

Guest VOLTRON

Our UV film is PS not a WAA but it is not a very aggressive PS and releases very well. With the size of the window and reverse rolling the film it should peel itself well. I would imagine you are going to be reverse rolling it sideways and not doing a seem.

Our UV film is PS not a WAA but it is not a very aggressive PS and releases very well. With the size of the window and reverse rolling the film it should peel itself well. I would imagine you are going to be reverse rolling it sideways and not doing a seem.

I planned on reverse rolling vertical while standing on a ladder then turning the film before I headed for the glass. That is why I need a liner to come off easily. I can use a dowel rod also to get it all the way down. Just can't be a typical PS film. I think I have ordered from Arizona before. Should I be calling you? I am in NE. Thanks!

I planned on reverse rolling vertical while standing on a ladder then turning the film before I headed for the glass. That is why I need a liner to come off easily. I can use a dowel rod also to get it all the way down. Just can't be a typical PS film. I think I have ordered from Arizona before. Should I be calling you? I am in NE. Thanks!

I would have a walking plank and reverse roll the film sideways manually while i walk down the plank..doing it thisway can be done with ps adhesive also.

Archived