Any experience with this?

I tinted a two door wrangler today. I think it was a 2009. The hydraulic strut mounts, or whatever you call them, on the back glass are not within the black border like the new wranglers. I didn't want to cut around the mounts so I took them off and told the customer to bring it back in 2 weeks. Seems a bit long, but I had tinted one back in the summer and let the tint cure for 3 days in the 100 degree heat. It looked to be completely cured, but the tint still twisted when tightening the mounts. I was thinking of cutting some felt to cover the piece of the mount that hits the tint. Maybe even covering the tint with some shampoo where the mount will hit. Anyone successfully done the back glass this way without the tint twisting? Thanks.

If you watch the mounts on a jeep. As you shut the window the mounts twist just a bit, and they have alot of tention on them.

The best luck I have had with these windows is to remove the shocks.

Tint the window, and cut around the shock mounts to were no film will be under the mount. heat very well and reinstall the shock mounts.

To make sure you don't remove to much film. use the outter button to judge how much film to remove.

If you watch the mounts on a jeep. As you shut the window the mounts twist just a bit, and they have alot of tention on them.

Tint the window, and cut around the shock mounts to were no film will be under the mount. heat very well and reinstall the shock mounts.

To make sure you don't remove to much film. use the outter button to judge how much film to remove.

Yup. :thumb :thumb

So, even if the tint is completely cured, it will still twist if under the mounts?

Can you leave just a pinch of tint under the outer edges of the mount? I don't want even a little day light coming through.

Archived