"OUTLAW TINTED CAR WINDOWS FOR SECURITY'S SAKE!"

Guest thetintshop
being a new york tinter myself,I have a question for all of you "by the book tinters",I  do automotive as well as commercial and since the legal limit here is 70% that is the same as being illegal anyway,when I do a car with 45% film do you feel I am doing something unethical?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again--if you don't like the laws in your state, MOVE.

I don't care what your laws are, if you tint illegal, you might as well sell dope at your shop too. not much difference in my opinion. the laws almost changed here in texas last september. if they would have passed, my ass would be in another state right now.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop
If you're not tinting illegal then your losing too much money

IS THAT RIGHT? :lol6 I lost quit a bit last year due to customers going somewhere else because I won't tint illegal. I also made a @#$% load from the ones I did legal. I sleep well at night. I don't EVER have to worry or get anxious when a cop car pulls in my driveway. I don't ever worry a lawyer is gonna call me and tell me I'm being sued because a customer of mine killed someone because they couldn't see out their side glasses. if you tint illegal, you're a HACK in my book.

most stay away from me on this subject. you will too, if you stay in business long enough.

Guest thetintshop
:inot  Not quite that easy.  Friends, family, quality of life etc.

as I've said, MOST stay away from me on this subject. OT always has a thing or two to say when this comes up. :lol6

You'll never stop illegal tinting. Not when they sell 3% at Walmart. It's a self destructive industry. You can contain it with decent laws, but the public is ill informed, the tinting industry is unorganized, so the lawmakers have free reign to make idiotic laws about a product they know little about.

From a Texas point of view...Absolutely anyone that tint illegal is killing the industry. Good, decent laws, and you still have problems. That's nothing compared to the problems in other states though. Can't tint cars basically, all suvs are already tinted. Not much to do. It'll wear ya out, trust me.

Guest thetintshop

I know it will never stop. but at least I can make a dent. every car I do is one less on the road without illegal film.

do most state laws suck? of course they do. I'm not denying that. I'm just tired of people bitching about their state laws when they don't do anything to help change it. live with it, help change it, or move. that's all you can do.

kinda like the guy who bitches about the president when he didn't even vote. :lol6

Guest thetintshop
You'll never stop illegal tinting.  Not when they sell 3% at Walmart.

:lol6 I looked at the film at wal-mart the other night. they had 8 different films in different shades and colors. of the 8, 4 weren't legal to put on ANY glass. of the other 4, only one was legal on the front doors.

@#$% wal-fart. :inot

Moving is giving in...Not an option....Doing something about it has been tried, gets nowhere. I tell everyone that comes into the shop who to call to complain about the situation. Everyone thinks the same thing, nothing will change, can't fight city hall, blah, blah, blah.....I just want to put sticky paper on a car, make it look nice, and go home. Lack of common sense from our "leaders" will drive you nuts. I'm proof. :lol6

Archived