Is VK70 rebadged by Llumar?

Rumor surfaced from Asia that a product similar with V-Kool's VK70 is found among Llumar's product line in Asia.

Look at this interesting specification LV70;

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&langpair=zh-TW|en&u=http://www.llumarfilm.com.tw/p2-1.htm

A thicker version has also appeared:-

http://kellyn-llumar.blogspot.com/2011/01/llumar-automotive-window-films.html

I doubt that is reboxed/rebranded VK 70.

Solutia in their PR's indicated that they want to keep the premium brands separate. V-Kool technology products has some pretty strict licensing that assures separation of product technology and branding.

Furthermore, if you look closely at the performance data you will see that LV 70 does not have the same or even similar number to VK 70.

My guess would be that it is one of the other Southwall films that was licensed out and branded under Llumar in SE Asia. Will it hit this market? :dunno

I doubt that is reboxed/rebranded VK 70.

My guess would be that it is one of the other Southwall films that was licensed out and branded under Llumar in SE Asia. Will it hit this market?

I came to know because that llumar film was bought by my korean competitor from a Llumar Manager and sold as a V70 comparable product. Damn, the managers make money faster than dealers these days.

I want to give an example about a famous war-game experiment conducted during Bush's era before attacking Iraq. A team of top-notch military strategists was formed to fight against the Vietwar veterans in an mock exercise. During the stimulation, the scholars carried out massive aerial and artillery assaults and wiped off the veterans' infrastructure, communication and defense facilities. Undeterred, the vets engaged in irregular warfare, using very localized tactics to freak out the opponents; bicycle bombs, roadside bombs, mail bombs, guerrilla tactics, ambushing supply lines and leadership, etc. In the end, the troop morale of the scholars is exhausted and the Vets won.

In disbelief, the generals re-started the game. This time, they limit the war game rules to conventional warfare tools and tactics and of course, the first team won at ease. Team A went to lead their troops into Operation Iraqi Freedom and the rest is history.

Today, you know that several factories are carrying out "shock and awe" tactics to ensure maximum spread to send their films onto consumer's glasses:

- Factory direct

- Subsidiary brands to differentiate products

- Private labels

- Third party cross-selling between territories to reach out to authorised distributors' competitors

- the list goes on.... ....

For smaller dealers, you gotta be aware of the ecology around you and don't worry, you still stand a good chance to win so long you know your terrain well. =P

YEAH!

Archived