Being A Business Mentor Has Me Thinkin

Opening a tint only shop when I was a 12v mecp certified installer... I should have been doing more then tint. Winters were tough and I could have been making somthing at least when days with no tint existed. I also would have brought in wheels and tires, order only.

bringing a business partner on was a bad idea.

should have bought a plotter and trained a few guys to only install.

this was me a year ago. this year we started offering remote car starters and stereo install and now have a small showroom to sell our stereo equipment out of. just wish we would have started sooner.

Guest just scotty

the same way most of us started, prepping, learning the in and the outs of the trade, a better job comes around there we go, or we open a shop accross the street. with or without no compete contracts teach a guy to tint he'll go go to where the money is at. teach him well, pay him well he will find that he can make just as much money with half the headaches just working for you, provided that you keep him busy, so busy that side work would not even be a thought, partnerships...as long as each knows and keeps up with their end of the bargain(almost never happens) could be a good thing. Bottom line the newbie will leave you eventually, personalities like opinions everyone gots one, stay busy bust their butt with work and you shall make money, rarely though do partnerships work.

Best choice for me was NOT knowing this business when I started. It forced me to learn everything I could about running a business. The installation part came after and I think I did a pretty good job on both of the businesses. Just because you know how to install window film, it does not make you a good business person.

There really is not a worst part. Just learned from my mistakes and made sure it didn't happen again

Archived