Another Cornelius tank question?

On the lid it says to not remove under pressure so how do you relieve pressure?

air nozzle? relief valve?

I am going to experiment with slip solution amounts and air pressures so that is why I need to release pressure.

OK lets say it is a 5 gallon tank with only 3 gallons of water at say 90lbs of pressure. As you use the water how much pressure do you loose? Even if you use all 3 gallons of water there should still be pressure in the tank, right?

It should have a pop off / relief valve with a ring.

It does, so just pull the ring and the air will come rushing out? and that is the correct and safe way to relieve pressure?

OK lets say it is a 5 gallon tank with only 3 gallons of water at say 90lbs of pressure. As you use the water how much pressure do you loose? Even if you use all 3 gallons of water there should still be pressure in the tank, right?

You might have to air it up twice if you like running higher preasure. I air mine up at the end of everyday, or once my preasure starts running low. I can get about 2 or 3 cars done before I have to recharge my tank.

If you are using your tanks mobile. Buy a small 12 volt compressor. You can charge it from your work vehicle if needed.

I haven't had it long but I put about 3-4 gallons of water in it and 100lbs of pressure but I think 100 may be a little much for my liking so I may have to reduce the pressure so there isn't so much force. I was just concerned that it wont last as long which wouldn't be an issue for cars but I am thinking of remote commercial jobs on a 10-12 hour day.

I haven't had it long but I put about 3-4 gallons of water in it and 100lbs of pressure but I think 100 may be a little much for my liking so I may have to reduce the pressure so there isn't so much force. I was just concerned that it wont last as long which wouldn't be an issue for cars but I am thinking of remote commercial jobs on a 10-12 hour day.

They can be hard to find, but I have seen a small compressor that has a rechargable battery built in. You can runit plugged in while charging, or on the go using it own battery supply.

You can find them on ebay from $40 to $80.

In my 5 gallon filled up 3/4 full, filled with air till the valve pops, I can do 700-800 sq ft flat glass. Towards the end of it the pressure is very low. I've got two of them ready to go at all times. There has only been one time where my hose popped off the tank while on a ladder for a high window...they empty very fast, and leave a bunch of water to to clean up. Check your fittings every week. The hose should never spin on a fitting.

Archived