Another Cornelius tank question?

In my 5 gallon filled up 3/4 full, filled with air till the valve pops, I can do 700-800 sq ft flat glass. Towards the end of it the pressure is very low. I've got two of them ready to go at all times. There has only been one time where my hose popped off the tank while on a ladder for a high window...they empty very fast, and leave a bunch of water to to clean up. Check your fittings every week. The hose should never spin on a fitting.

that would suck

In my 5 gallon filled up 3/4 full, filled with air till the valve pops, I can do 700-800 sq ft flat glass. Towards the end of it the pressure is very low. I've got two of them ready to go at all times. There has only been one time where my hose popped off the tank while on a ladder for a high window...they empty very fast, and leave a bunch of water to to clean up. Check your fittings every week. The hose should never spin on a fitting.

So I guess most of the water spews out all over the place. Man that could get you into some trouble. I hate it happened to you but I hope it never happens to me.

that would suck

It did, but fortunately it was on tile. This happened about 6 years ago.

TintJunkie,

I was reading another thread on Cornelius tanks and I believe you and some others said you used a braided hose. Can you get those at Home Depot or Lowe's' & if so what department are they in and should I just ask for braided hose?

TintJunkie,

I was reading another thread on Cornelius tanks and I believe you and some others said you used a braided hose. Can you get those at Home Depot or Lowe's' & if so what department are they in and should I just ask for braided hose?

I buy them at Lowes. Pretty cheap, and way better than those curly hoses that snag on everything. I believe its 1/4ID hose.

Guest sunkool

how many lbs pressure does it hold?

It is an on demand 12v pump. There is no tank pressure. the battery lasts for 5 to 6 tank fulls and the tank holds 6 gallons.

Archived