Budget Blinds

I am bidding a job against budget blinds. The customer asked me to compare my film to theirs. I bid the job with Suntek UV40. Budget didn't even leave a product design guide, all they left was a generic bid sheet with Signature Series SPF 15 written on it.

Does anyone here know who makes Signature Series or are the just subbing out their film installs?

Guest thatsnappyguy

Those guys need to stick to mini blinds and leave the tinting to the pros. I heard that the film that budget blinds use is reboxed hanita. And Glass Dr. film is reboxed Madico. I don't see why they don't just use good brands and stick to the name thats on the box.

Ok I did a little local research and it Looks like they sub out the film installs. I found out they are useing Suntek syds15. Though it is dark, it is still dual pane warrantied. I don't have any dought I will get this job.

I believe their signature series is Hannita tek film. They do sell a lot of 3M. Been doing work for them for a couple of years. mostly small jobs. Going to one of their jobs is always an adventure. The salespeople are not very knowledgable about film or even how to measure for film. Tried to set up a class for the salepeople, but they weren't interested

I do installs for two local budget blind guys in my area...they give me measurements and I do the job..I get everyone of them...I use what ever film I want..they tell me what the situation is and I use my best judgement..

Guest thatsnappyguy

I have done the same thing for a local Glass Doctor here. They gave me the customer info and I would take it from there. Use whatever film, and customer pays Glass Dr.

I also do a fair amount of WFD installs for Budget Blinds. Budgets SPF Films refers to the Sun Protection Factor. SPF 15 is quite light. SPF 90 is quite Dark and reflective. I just pulled out some SPF15 and it looks to be around 60% vlt. It is a Hanita product. (market with length increments) You will find Budgets program gives very little information on specs. and it is designed to make traditional sales approaches tough to combat. Some customers will see how this lack of info is misleading. Others will take it as superior marketing.Their Ceramic series films were available Clear or Tinted. I've only seen the tinted version and a 72" roll of it had a Madico wrapper on it. After discussing with our Madico rep, it was determined that in fact it was not Ceramic at all. At least the 72" roll, anyway. The Ceramic is impossible to clean without smearing and smudging and you will find it most frustrating. When I sit down with a Budget franchisee and explain what is obviously wrong with The Signature series program, they feel taken advantage of. Most Budget franchisee people have a high level of professionalism and are often former engineers or semi-retired / former business owners.

The problem I see is that they honestly believe in all the Budget teaches them and are often mislead. What the tint world is coming too is going to be dominated by those that find a way to sell directly through the mfgs. as customers believe that dealing directly with a manufacturer is the way to go. Ultimately what they get is paying a higher price for a less expensive film, installed by an underpaid installer. Times are tough and I have still yet to meet an installer that's proud to say they also do sub contract installs. I wish I didn't most of the time.

Good luck against Budget, but remember that your competing against those that only believe what they read and not those that have the actual experience.

Archived