Starting over.. mobile?

I've been in the industry over 25 years and have always said I would never go mobile, incredibly hard to get the results you want when working in the elements. That being said, I have found myself in a position where I need to "start over" so to speak and mobile tinting makes the most sense cost wise. I've been looking at different EZ Ups that may help shield the wind, converters for power, etc etc but I am still skeptical about the results. I am a perfectionist and I won't let my work be anything less than immaculate. Anyone out there own a mobile tinting business? I am looking for some more pros and cons that I may have overlooked.

Guest Mobile1

Pro: Not having to sit around in an empty shop when it is slow.

Con: Having to take a %&$# when working.

I would suggest requiring a garage, outside is just too much of a hassle. No carports or parking garages either, 2 car garages only - there are plenty of them out there and customers like you coming to them. (Most of em' - some do get snooty about you not seeming legitimate but they can f**k off, plenty more fish in the sea not as uptight as them anyhow)

Of course I would prefer an air conditioned shop to work in, but the low overhead and freedom is hard to walk away from for me.

Someone has got to invent a mobile bathroom though, cause nearly shitting my pants when hungover is really getting old.

Guest Mobile1

I was thinking more along the lines of some sort of discreet capsule that when full rockets off out of the atmosphere and dissipates your turd in space.

I would call it "The Poop Shoot 2000".

I would suggest requiring a garage, outside is just too much of a hassle. No carports or parking garages either, 2 car garages only - there are plenty of them out there and customers like you coming to them. (Most of em' - some do get snooty about you not seeming legitimate but they can f**k off, plenty more fish in the sea not as uptight as them anyhow)

Even the ones w/out a garage know somebody with a garage... Boom! An extra lead! I see this all the time.

Life's too short to chase tint across an apartment parking lot.

Workshop

Pro: Image and cosy environment to do a good auto tint job

Cons: High overheads if you got to rent or buy at a high price

The opposite goes for mobile tinting but successful mobile tinters around me focus on architectural.

it is frustrating to do mobile auto tinting.

Archived