Mb e coupe 2009

dmx

Hello tinters of the world,

I have a mb e coupe 2009 coming up this weekend,

Is there anyone who figured out what the best way is to tint the rear quarters

The rear quarters are shifting windows

Is there anyone who has dissambled them?

I know this is an older thread but I just did one today and it came out very nice so maybe this could help someone. This was on a 2010 E350. What I did was a bottom drop install with the gasket in place. I used an old gasket buddy and bent it to accommodate the rise in the panel near the front. Having two people helps out. Have your helper pull downward on the gasket buddy to open up the gasket to allow a nice clean install (have them stand outside the car reaching in as to not get in each others way). With the window in the full up position, start at the rear pointed corner and slowly feed the film down in at an angle. Pay extra close attention that the film does not touch anything! (my first attempt didn't fair so well as I accidentally hit the front glass mount and got contamination). Continue feeding towards the rear at an angle until the front edge clears the glass mount edge. Once the pattern is fed far enough down to lay flat against the glass, push it up towards the top and forward to the virticle glass mount edge. Crack the window down until you can see the top edge. Push the film up into final position and squeegee. This came out very clean even though the glass started in the full up position resting against the gasket. Hope this helps someone these windows are a PITA!

Archived