Oracal 8300 question - tint related

Does anyone have experience with this material? The color selection looks amazing. It would be great to add some of the colors to my inventory.

I do tint art typically on the interior side of windows. Would the 8300 material be compatible for back covering or mixing with tint films in art? What do you think the longevity of the 8300 would be? Not looking to skimp but the wholesale price is good and I know this will cut better in a plotter. I imagine it will not stand up as well as tint films over time.

Any input is appreciated.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CZtint

I have no idea, but I already have catalogue (spelling) and I have ordered few sq. meters of different colors to test it out!

Longevity from catalogue says it's 2 year film but it looks like it could last longer

Guest CZtint

Btw mate, I am trying to get my hands on few films that you are using. Would it be possible to snap me photo of box with some contact info? I mean who makes the film, and so on. Cheers

Guest filmslayer

I know tint artist has used it in some of his work but I can't speak to how long it lasts . I do know that it is a quite a bit thicker than the colored graphic film ...

I have some samples of the stuff and the colors really pop with a white opaque tint film placed behind it on glass. I am playing with some on my prefab board in the shop. Tint film seems to lay down fine on it. Anyone know how to get a hold of Tint Artist? He looks like he hasn't been on for a bit.

CZ - the colored films I use come from solargraphics.com

We do all of our tail light tinting with the 8300 vinyl, works great. Starting using that instead of POS laminx, haven't had any issues yet. I haven't used it on glass, or tinted over top of it, but im pretty sure it would work for you. If you put low heat on that stuff...it's amazing what you can do with it. TON of color availability as well.

Archived