2013 Escape

APTINT

No 36" on the windshield? That's surprising. I did an Edge with 36, even a Dodge SSo glad the newer Fords have rubber side seals with plenty of room.

Sorry, was editing the post and accidentally hit reply. That's "Dodge Sprinter" van that I used 36 on the windshield. I haven't ordered a roll of 40" in years, thanks for the tip!

Guest snowbrder87

Hello, first time poster here. Was hoping for some advice.

I was quoted $--- for llumar carbon film, and $--- for the Suntek Carbon or 3M color stable Which would you recommend? Thank you for any responses..

Reason for edit: no prices please :DD

Anywhere in that price range sounds fair, depending on the area there can be a big difference. Thats about what I would charge.

As far as the film, those are all 3 good brands, but I am a Llumar fan myself, but usually use the ATC series, which is a charcoal dyed film and looks exactly like factory. (No reflection). It will hold up for years and still have a lifetime warranty. I haven't seen the Carbon film, but my guess is it may look a little reflective? Thats why I have avoided metallized films for years. I have been installing Llumar dyed films (ATC used to be AT) for 8 or 9 years with no warranty claims.

It's a preference thing, I would look at the film options and see if they can show you a completed vehicle so you will know ahead of time what it looks like. That's my 2 cents, hope it helps!

Guest snowbrder87

Anywhere in that price range sounds fair, depending on the area there can be a big difference. Thats about what I would charge.

As far as the film, those are all 3 good brands, but I am a Llumar fan myself, but usually use the ATC series, which is a charcoal dyed film and looks exactly like factory. (No reflection). It will hold up for years and still have a lifetime warranty. I haven't seen the Carbon film, but my guess is it may look a little reflective? Thats why I have avoided metallized films for years. I have been installing Llumar dyed films (ATC used to be AT) for 8 or 9 years with no warranty claims.

It's a preference thing, I would look at the film options and see if they can show you a completed vehicle so you will know ahead of time what it looks like. That's my 2 cents, hope it helps!

I was leaning towards the llumar. Thank you for the response.

No issues, easy car, gaskets pull...much easier than the old ones. FYI 36" roll does not fit the front windshield, 40" will.

Gaskets pull? The one I did, they sat so low I didn't touch them.(And normally I do!) Soooo easy this one!!! One of the quickest rides out there to tint for me. :thumb And, barely had to shrink the rear at all, and quick snap of the sides, although that may have not even been needed.

FYI if you are one to split 36" film and use 18" on the sides of cars (thats what I do), you can do that on these too, the whole way around. The back glass only took about 40" of 36 and used one 18" half on the back window and used the other half on the 2 back stationary windows. 8.5' of 36" did the whole car.

Quoting myself on an earlier post, rubber side seals, my bad these are felt, I was thinking of Explorer. But, there is a lot of room to get the film in. :ppdance

Archived