Auto Tint customers....HMMM

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I price mostly phone calls. Even more so then people coming to the shop directly. I normally sell 7 out of 10 phone calls. And probably 9 out of 10 face to face custys. But I get twice as many phone calls as I do walkins.

How many of the face to face sales are a result of a previous

phone conversation the customer does not mention?

You probably will never know....

I have said many times here that auto is nothing but a PITA. That fact will never change. One of the many reasons we got out of it. Now the retail customer ( homeowner) is in my cross hairs. For me, it makes no financial sense to hold their hand and sweat talk window film to them for hours on end, all to do a few pieces of glass...... Fug that. Build your commercial base and let others wallow in the quagmire or auto/ resi.

I can tell when a custy shows up that they are going to be a pain in the ass.. If this happens, I will go through the run down about rolling down, drying time, dot matrix edges etc. BEFORE I tint their car and remind them after its done too.. only had one guy complain about the matrix outline on his Hyundai accent.. other than that they seem more relaxed when its done due to prior expectations given from me, and not what they thought before.

We get probably 2-5 emails a day for info on tint and prices. I think a lot of people find it easier to shoot an email versus make a call...say if they are at work at don't have the time to talk or even after hours. We probably get 50-60% of the email customers coming in and getting work. Just today got an email at 6pm, I answered it by 6:30pm and by the time I got home he set an appointment for tomorrow at 2pm. He may or may not show, but we already have a full house tomorrow.

Guest just scotty

lol tell the the porch monkey to exit parking lot....... point blank, the race, the gay card dont work in my world, I am short, got red red hair n freckles, been capped on for years, and I truely laugh, give and take, tell em to take a pghn hike

Archived