New (old) Idea for more business

I thought I would go into some stained glass work this year. Does anyone have any info? I already have hired the artist. It turns out you can get art majors out of college pretty reasonable. They call the thin pieces "films" for some reason. They are cut with razor blades mostly. I would love to get $200-300 for a transom glass or a sidelite on a door.

Guest tinterjim

I installed film that looked like stained glass on a church about 7 years ago. Turned out nice, the church goers loved it and it looked the like the real deal :mad

Ha! we just got the order from those people. Metint, what is the story on those films they are making. I think the uv effects some more than others because of the way they are made. Who makes them and what are the differences. Does CPFilms do any of the work? I heard it was 3M components, at least in part. Which manufacturer is making the most sun resistent material with the best adhesive?

Guest DixieGraphics

the frosted vinyl films are easy to install and look very much like etched glass! that would be good to get into also, especially for office buildings and residences

Frosted films are one of many, many colors. Generally they are considered to be in the "Crystal" group, which is films that have no particular color and are usually translucent but not necessarily transparent. I have counted over 500 colors so far but they are all pretty much translucent so not good for regular tint jobs.

Archived